• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock questions

Sandtrap1986

getting 16.5 beadlocks here soon any tips to keeping the inner bead from blowing off? seems to blow off pretty easily.

Run above 7psi

Weld some .190 round bar in to act as a safety bead

Get them dual beadlocked

My snow tires are 16.5" rim, I did the weld on beadlock on the outer and did the roud bar safety bead on the inner.... I got the set of 38" tires and steel wheels for free so it was worth the exra work for me. If you are able to sell what you got for the price of hummer rims then I would do that.

My snow tires are 16.5" rim, I did the weld on beadlock on the outer and did the roud bar safety bead on the inner.... I got the set of 38" tires and steel wheels for free so it was worth the exra work for me. If you are able to sell what you got for the price of hummer rims then I would do that.

where do or how do you do this

they would probably need to be recentered as well. Send a PM to CrazyDaze, he has a set for sale right now, he has a couple different bolt patterns. It would be more cost effective that way then dual beadlocks

The best way to do 16.5" beadlocks is to get some 12 stud hummer wheels and weld new centers in them. With inserts, both beads are locked on the wheel and you can drive at 4 psi if you want. I ran stock rubber inserts and ran at 0 psi a couple times. What are you going to put them on?

The best way to do 16.5" beadlocks is to get some 12 stud hummer wheels and weld new centers in them. With inserts, both beads are locked on the wheel and you can drive at 4 psi if you want. I ran stock rubber inserts and ran at 0 psi a couple times. What are you going to put them on?

My sased runner

got any idea where I can get some

where do or how do you do this

I just used a scale and measured the width of the inner bead on the tires I used and added a little bit to be sure the bead was going to be fulling over the bar after I welded it on. Then marked out the measurement from the inside of the inner bead of the wheel inboard. Made like 6 or so marks around the wheel. Then tacked one end of the round bar on one of the marks and started bending the round bar using a hammer to get it close to the wheel, and welding as I go.

Its no Trail Ready but It works for a one season wheel and tire setup.

When mounting I just make sure there is not spatter BBs on the bead or the new safety bead with a flap wheel. Lube said new safety bead and mount like normal.

Hummers are a good way to go also. :awesomework: