• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bear Hunting With My Daughter.

gasman1

Rocky and I deciteed to do an over night back packing trip to hunt for bear. She has never back packed in, so this was a new experiance for her. We grabbed some dehydrated food for dinner and breakfast plus some snacks and we were off. It did not start that well, cause i forgot my boots at home on the rocking chair, so stoped in Enumclaw to pick me up a pair of boots $70 and a pair of LaCross later and we on our way.
We reached our parking destination and headed up the trail. A short 2 mile hike in with 3/10 of a mile inclined that climbed 400ft.
With 65lb pack on my back, it was not an easy task for me. Seen a dozen elk on the way up and boy were they skiddish. All cows and calfs, but we think there was one small bull, but we never saw him again to verify he was a bull.

We set up camp, or should i say Rashell set up camp while i glassed the hill sides and clearings around us.
bearhuntingtrip011.jpg

It was to late to get out so we just glassed, made dinner and had a camp fire.
Rashell's dinner
bearhuntingtrip008.jpg

And mine.
bearhuntingtrip009.jpg

Our Camp Fire (called ahead to check the fire restictions)
bearhuntingtrip006.jpg

bearhuntingtrip015.jpg

This morning i made a cup of coffee and started glassing. We had breakfast headed out. We walked the road system in the area we were and glassed the different clearings and ravine's. Did a few stands of some "blind calling" with no luck. We did get a few yotes to howell but never got them in to sight.
Seen 3 nice bucks (all spikes).
bearhuntingtrip004.jpg

bearhuntingtrip016.jpg

bearhuntingtrip023.jpg

Ate some frsh strawberrys, and boy were they good, just a little small.
bearhuntingtrip018.jpg

bearhuntingtrip017.jpg

After 4 hours of no bears or elk, we dicited to head back to camp, regroup and head down the trail. I was dead all the way down. Hiked a couple of miles this morning hunting and 2 miles back with a pack on :'( Would have loved had a helicopter pick us up and drop us off at the truck :chuckle:

No bear sign at all. No track, no scat :bash: and the strawberrys were the only berrries that were rips, every thing else was still green.

One last pic of the two of us.
bearhuntingtrip021.jpg