• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Before I hack a 2" hole in the sheetmetal...

Thats where mine is shane....

Nope. Looks good.

....so did you two mean front or rear corner? :redneck: :eeek: I'm going to put the top of the hole about an inch below the bottom spot welds for the stake pocket, which should put the back of the plug well clear forward and above the filler neck/door stuff. Don't want it in the back, it'll work just fine up there for a 5th/goose trailer but it's intended for a camper.

Keep in mind some campers have their electrical plug in back, but it's pretty rare.....Front would be the common place------HACK IT UP!!!!!:redneck:

....so did you two mean front or rear corner? :redneck: :eeek: I'm going to put the top of the hole about an inch below the bottom spot welds for the stake pocket, which should put the back of the plug well clear forward and above the filler neck/door stuff. Don't want it in the back, it'll work just fine up there for a 5th/goose trailer but it's intended for a camper.

Front drivers corner

you can always just make a long double ended plug that you can plug into the camper on one end, and the other end can plug into your plug in the back, but this gets in the way if you want to tow a trailer.

you can always just make a long double ended plug that you can plug into the camper on one end, and the other end can plug into your plug in the back, but this gets in the way if you want to tow a trailer.

Ya you can, they make exactly that with a second socket on the rear end but then you have to store it somewhere when you're not using it. I'm prone to losing....er, "misplacing" that type of thing. :redneck:

Ya you can, they make exactly that with a second socket on the rear end but then you have to store it somewhere when you're not using it. I'm prone to losing....er, "misplacing" that type of thing. :redneck:

Paint it bright pink or some color that stands out, you will be less likely to forget where you put it, or just put it in the camper when you take it off the truck, there is not that many hiding places in a camper.

sounds good, can always run a plug to the rear if/when you get a trailer....

I'm not doing anything to the one on the bumper, and I already have a trailer. :fawkdancesmiley: This harness plugs inline (unplug stock 7-way, plug harness into the two connectors) and gives me 10' of cable to run it where I want. I'm just being a chicken and haven't cut the hole yet, been keeping myself busy with other stuff. :redneck:

Paint it bright pink or some color that stands out, you will be less likely to forget where you put it, or just put it in the camper when you take it off the truck, there is not that many hiding places in a camper.

Trust me, I'd lose it. :haha: :haha: :haha: I lost a bright yellow bike pump only to find it a couple weeks ago after I'd bought a replacement. :redneck:

<-- :looser:

Last edited: