• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bend-Tech software

semperfi1919

Just wondering if anyone is using Bend-Tech, Is it worth buying. I was planning on getting the

PRO Triple Bundle

PRO + Roll Cage Templates + Sheet Metal + Plate Templates

I have the Pro. I bought it when I bought my bender as I have never bent tube before. Makes it stupid easy. If I can do it, anyone can. Plus they have awesome customer service and great tutorials that help you navigate the software.

I have read a lot of great reviews on their customer service, I just want to be able to bend some tube with the least amount of screw ups as possible..lol

I bought it before I started my chassis and it was MORE than worth the $$

It makes things so unbelievably simple. Beyond just bending tube too - you can find out exactly how much tube you need, it will do notches for you, you can sit down on a lazy sunday and build sweet e-buggies.

It really just allows to you "build" something before you build it. To look at it and make the changes that you need rather than just bending tube and hoping it all looks good in the end.

I highly recommend it. I have the SM module, but havent used it...if I had to guess though, it would be more than worth it as well if you need to do some plate work.

It is definitely worth the money. I have used it to build several Jeep cages and one full tube buggy. It will pay for itself in tube saved. My disc belonged to a friend. We have since lost the disc......will have to buy another for next project, but will buy again.

Re: Re: Bend-Tech software

Grant117 said:
I've had it for over 10 years and it has probably paid for itself 10 times.
I've had it about 5. I promise it will pay for itself by the 2nd time you use it. I even payed to upgrade to the new version and its even easier to use than the old

Re:

Rokcrler said:
I love it...made me forget how to bend old school.

I have yet to use the SM module.

This! It has really spoiled me :woot: I used to measure, calculate and sweat the details of compound bends that had to land in 2 exact locations. I usually got it right, but now I do as well and dont have to waste time thinking about it. Knowing the cut lengths and amount of tube used just adds to the efficiency. I haven't even started to use some of the more complex features.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to purchase it soon, I'm deployed right now so I can draw up some things before I get back, Now to find a better bender. I have the homemade version I built off the got trikes site, but I think I'll upgrade.

Re:

The sheet metal module and motor sports package really isn't that beneficial unless you have a cutting table.

I emailed Bendtech a while to see what they suggested I needed. They came back with several things bundled together which all added up quickly. Does anyone have an un-biased opinion on what I actually need? I'd like to build a RZR cage as well as jeep cages and what not. Maybe even a chassis one day. 3-D Pro?

Has anybody tried to copy a disc for one of the programs....I know it's not right blah blah. I spent enough on a bender and dies, they should throw it in the deal imo...
Anybody have any suggestions other than buying a new program

RebelRider said:
I emailed Bendtech a while to see what they suggested I needed. They came back with several things bundled together which all added up quickly. Does anyone have an un-biased opinion on what I actually need? I'd like to build a RZR cage as well as jeep cages and what not. Maybe even a chassis one day. 3-D Pro?
Can't give an unbiased opinion...but I will tell you this. I bought ez3d when it first came out and it was ok...you can only make one piece at time. A few months later I upgraded to BTPro and instantly fell in love with assembly. Bare minimum I would do pro, you can always upgrade modules like sheet, headers, exhaust, various templates like gussets and cages...not super necessary.
It all adds up quickly but remember, the bender and dies didn't come from BT...the suppliers like VanSant (tricktools) sometimes throw together a bender, die, software package.

whiskeymakin said:
Has anybody tried to copy a disc for one of the programs....I know it's not right blah blah. I spent enough on a bender and dies, they should throw it in the deal imo...
Anybody have any suggestions other than buying a new program
The old software you used to. Now its setup to specific computer ID's. Two machines per licence. The software "phones home" and you'll get the whole package locked out on all machines....ask me how I know.

It is pricy, but think about it like an indispensable tool...you buy tools like a bender, why not just use a kinker?

They used to offer a simplified trial version, don't know if they still do.

Cris and crew have poured blood sweat and tears into all their products...take it for what it is.

I'm not affiliated with them other than a satisfied customer and a friend.

Rokcrler said:
Can't give an unbiased opinion...but I will tell you this. I bought ez3d when it first came out and it was ok...you can only make one piece at time. A few months later I upgraded to BTPro and instantly fell in love with assembly. Bare minimum I would do pro, you can always upgrade modules like sheet, headers, exhaust, various templates like gussets and cages...not super necessary.
It all adds up quickly but remember, the bender and dies didn't come from BT...the suppliers like VanSant (tricktools) sometimes throw together a bender, die, software package.
When I say "unbiased opinion", I mean you don't work for them or sell their products. Thanks your feedback. I run a JD2 Model 3. I planned to buy 3d pro, buts what is the difference in the "cage" version you mentioned?

Re:

This shows what's included in each package.
http://bend-tech.com/products.html

This is the rollcage templates
http://bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_rct.html
They're just predesigned, verified templates you can modify.

Nice when you don't have the rigs in front of you or you're just wanting to visualize with correct dimensions.

What are modules?

Bend-Tech Modules are add-on applications that will enable unique features and functions within your Bend-Tech PRO, SE, or INDUSTRIAL. These optional features include sheet metal, roll cage templates, headers, handrails, and more.