• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Bent-N-Broke" Wheeling Clover/Mud Springs trails

gasman1

Whent up to the Nile this weekend and drve the Clover Springs trail from bottom to top and then took the Mud Springs trail back to camp.
The clover Springs trail is an easy trail with only one fun hill climb on it. There is a by pass but that would be no fun. Took pic while we were out and thought i would share.

Nile-Aug09001.jpg

Nile-Aug09037.jpg

Nile-Aug09036.jpg

Nile-Aug09041.jpg

Nile-Aug09040.jpg

Two of us could not make it up the sft side of the hill climb so we whent up the left side.
Nile-Aug09005.jpg

Nile-Aug09006.jpg

Nile-Aug09007.jpg

Nile-Aug09011.jpg

It took Del a bit of work to get through it but he made it, and Dusty just followed behind him.

Nile-Aug09013.jpg

Nile-Aug09016.jpg

Nile-Aug09018.jpg

Nile-Aug09026.jpg

Nile-Aug09023.jpg

Did not get many pictures of the final hill climb on the Mud Springs trail but that was one steep sucker.
I had to winch from tw differant winch points to get up, and had my oil pressure drop to 0 with all the oil in the back of the motor from such a steep angel.
This picture does not do it justice, thats me standing to the left (belly hanging out) getting ready to grab gels winch cable to winch him up first.
Nile-Aug09027.jpg

?

When you say Mud spring trail, is that the one you go downhill into a stream bottom, then cross the stream a few times, then through a tight spot and up a long steep hill into a clear cut? If so, I thought that was the lower Clover creek trail? I've only been there twice but that hill is fun!

I used to go hunting up in the Nile area. I made the trip up Clover Springs once. It's a beautiful area up there. Thanks for sharing!

I used to go hunting up in the Nile area. I made the trip up Clover Springs once. It's a beautiful area up there. Thanks for sharing!

Headin' over there 1st week in November!:D Hopefully my birthday present shows it's spikey not-so-little head!:redneck:

I still have friends that hunt up there every year. You going up for late season bow? I might actually head up this year, haven't been in about 3 years.

I still have friends that hunt up there every year. You going up for late season bow? I might actually head up this year, haven't been in about 3 years.

Modern again this year (one of my hunting partners still can't pull his bow since he hurt his shoulder at work a couple yrs ago...)

When you say Mud spring trail, is that the one you go downhill into a stream bottom, then cross the stream a few times, then through a tight spot and up a long steep hill into a clear cut? If so, I thought that was the lower Clover creek trail? I've only been there twice but that hill is fun!

Yes, it's the Mud spring trail.

the lower Clover Spring trail goes to the 1601 Rd and follows most of the ridge. The Mud spring trail cuts off the clover spring trail about a mile from the top and is pretty easy untill you hit the last part wich drps down the canyon.

It is the funnest part :awesomework:

I thought is was called Glass Creek? At any rate the Clover Springs trail is cool. Lost of fantastic scenery. Cool pics!

Yes, it's the Mud spring trail.

the lower Clover Spring trail goes to the 1601 Rd and follows most of the ridge. The Mud spring trail cuts off the clover spring trail about a mile from the top and is pretty easy untill you hit the last part wich drps down the canyon.

It is the funnest part :awesomework:
Nice!! :awesomework:

You will have to tell me all about the run in detail over a few beers. :beer:

I thought is was called Glass Creek? At any rate the Clover Springs trail is cool. Lost of fantastic scenery. Cool pics!

X2- Everyone I wheel with calls it Glass creek...... That lower section with the creek crossings and the real steep climb at the end.