• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best 1410 joint

You sure your yokes are good. I'm betting there is another issue involved here, geometry or yokes would be a good bet.

Elliott said:
You sure your yokes are good. I'm betting there is another issue involved here, geometry or yokes would be a good bet.

x2

Pretty difficult to kill a 1410.

It's at a pretty bad angle but there's no way around it I killed 2 non grease ables and not breaking then burning em up

Oh, haha, went from one extreme to the other in terms of pinion location. :)

Well, for what its worth I use $15 Brute Force brand 1410's and I actually recycled many of them from my previous rig to my current rig. I don't think that's going to fix your issue though.

Dam I'm glad to hear that RedneckEng. I was sitrin here wondering if I messed up by puttin those in my rear shaft. I do have a question. Sorry to derail, but how tight is tight enuf and not to tight?? This sounds like Somthing I would very easily do!! I feel like mine will back out if not pretty tight. :dunno:

kushKrawlin said:
Dam I'm glad to hear that RedneckEng. I was sitrin here wondering if I messed up by puttin those in my rear shaft. I do have a question. Sorry to derail, but how tight is tight enuf and not to tight?? This sounds like Somthing I would very easily do!! I feel like mine will back out if not pretty tight. :dunno:

12-18 ft lbs would be about right I'd guess... With multiple cross checks to make sure the pressure is evenly applied

kushKrawlin said:

Just found this: http://www.randysdriveshaft.com/torque.html

I've been going as tight as I can with a 1/4" drive ratchet.

I was burning up u joints bout every ride. I now tighten them to smash the lock washer then bout 1/8th of a turn I get a couple of rides now. I have bad angles to tho.

I've researched and found out 28 degrees is max on a 1410 I'm around 24 so they will never last I'm goin with 38 degree flanges