• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Ballin' Cordless Impact/Drill/Sawzall?

B Gillespie

36V Dewalt set got lifted last fall, looking for replacements. Took everything but one 36V battery.

Stay with the 36V Dewalt, 28V Milwaukee, Snapon?

Dude I have an 18 volt impact from Northern Tool and I love it. It was cheap and it fawking works, period.

I also have a new 18v DeWalt Drill that I really like also

Get the Milwaukee.

The 18V DeWalt has plastic inserts that the screws go into that hold the handle to the body of the saw which tend to crack after prolonged use. After a good amount of use around the shop I managed to break all of the inserts and the handle just flat fell off.

i love my 28v milwalkee impact and drill but the batteries suck i have to replace them about every 6 months but thetools are solid and take some abuse being thrown around and bashed on and the sawzall really holds the blades well so if you can get a good battery for them i highly recomend going that route

i have had good luck with my snap-on and milwaukee. snap-ons are high, i am not sure that they are really worth the extra money. the 18v of any brand seems to hold up better to me. they have 18, 24, & 36 volt dewalt at work and the 18 hold up better and batteries have a longer life.

24V Dewalt = junk.

We had good luck with the 36v tools, li-ion seemed to work better than 18 or 24 ni-cd. No experience w/ Dewalt 18v li-ion.

For 1/2" impact, supposedly Dewalt 36 = ~300 ft lbs, Snapon ~ 400 ft. lbs, not sure about Milwaukee (web site is down).

I want the Snap on, it works best from what I have seen. However ,I have been using the Ingersoll rand lately and it works good also.

I've got all the the snapon rechargeable impacts, flashlights and drills. I use them everyday. In my opinion for automotive work there is no substitute for snapon. The 14v 3/8 impact is unbelievably stout.

I sell tools for a living (MacMan) and from what I have seen the Snappy is stout as hell but the Milwakee is by far the better deal and just as stout. Also the m18 Mil stuff has a five year warr on it and 2 years on batterys. Here is a awsome kit I have had tremedous sucess with https://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/cordless-tools/m18-cordless-system/m18-cordless-3-tool-combo-kit/2696-23 These impacts will kick Snappy's ass in power and price and heck of a lot better warr. They also have a **** ton of other products in the M18 line such as porta band, 4 1/2 grinder, angle drill, one handed sawzall and such.

I currently have a Milwaukee 18v li-ion drill and 1/4" impact, one Dewalt 36v li-ion batt., DW 18v cut off saw, and a DW 18v cordless shop vac (no DW 18v batts though). Errthang else is gone.

Looks like the big favor for 1/2" impact is SnapOn??? The 36v DW we had kicked ass, cant imagine what the SO is like.

Prob go w/ DW 36v for drill and saw, the batteries last forever. Much, much longer than my M 18v.

I have hd several Snappys traded in to Mil and 0 unsatisfied customers so far. BTW the M18 batterys will interchange on all the 18v tools

I'm probably the only person here who thinks like this but, if I'm going to be constantly working in a shop or next to a power source I'd rather have a corded tool. They are cheaper and usually last longer than a battery operated tool, you're going to have to plug the charger in anyway :****: Yes cords can sometimes be aggrivating to deal with, especially if you're constantly moving.

That said I've used dewalt 18v impacts on commercial job sites framing metal studs for years and they work pretty good. When the batteries die I get them rebuilt at Batteries Plus cheaper than what new ones cost and they are more powerful. :dblthumb: Recently I used the crap outta some Milwaukie 18v lithium ion impacts driving long wood screws and was impressed with the power they had, battery life was decent. For portability battery tools rock, but for constant all day use cords are hard to beat imo.