• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best bands of ALL TIME that SUCK!

patooyee

I heard a Pearl Jam on the radio today and the DJ came on afterwards and said that PJ was one of the greatest bands of all time. Couldn't disagree more. I think they are my least favorite band of all time. There has never been a single chord struck or lyric sung by PJ that I liked even slightly. I would almost rather listen to the sound of thousands of cats slowly dying and screaming for thousands of hours at a time than listen to a single PJ song.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers is another one. Can't stand them. Every song is about California. Stone Temple Pilots blow, too IMO. Alice in Chains.

Got me to thinking, I bet there's some PJ fans on here that I'm really pissing off. Maybe there are other greats that are overrated? I mean, we have other music-related threads ...

patooyee said:
I heard a Pearl Jam on the radio today and the DJ came on afterwards and said that PJ was one of the greatest bands of all time. Couldn't disagree more. I think they are my least favorite band of all time. There has never been a single chord struck or lyric sung by PJ that I liked even slightly. I would almost rather listen to the sound of thousands of cats slowly dying and screaming for thousands of hours at a time than listen to a single PJ song.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers is another one. Can't stand them. Every song is about California. Stone Temple Pilots blow, too IMO. Alice in Chains.

Got me to thinking, I bet there's some PJ fans on here that I'm really pissing off. Maybe there are other greats that are overrated? I mean, we have other music-related threads ...

Couldn't agree more on all of the above. Nothing else to add. :dblthumb:

If someone gets pissed because you think pearl jam sucks then they need to re-evaluate their priorities. I personally like pearl jam. I love Alice in chains. But I'm not asking you to like what I do. That's the beauty of an opinion. It's your own. Me and mike (5bros) are like brothers but are like night and day. And btw mike. **** you. Lol. :stir: :flipoff1:

muddinmetal said:
First off, Alice in Chains is amazing

One I hate: The Rolling Stones

One is dislike strongly: The Eagles

One that is way overrated: The Beatles

I was about to concur with you...until you spoke bad of the Eagles...How dare you!

The best thing about Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder) was the collaboration known as "Temple of The Dog" One of the Best albums EVER! I'll admit, Vedder and PJ started sounding worse The longer they were active...

Does Justin Bieber count as a band?

Re:

There are some that I don't really like but still understand why they are greats. Michael Jackson, Beatles, the eagles, rolling stones. But the ones I originally listed don't deserve a spot in history and are just boring and audibly painful to me. They have never done anything great that I am aware of to deserve any recognition of any kind much less greatest of all time.

TBItoy said:
Pink Floyd

Idk bout this....Im 50/50 on Pink Floyd being in the thread. Some of their stuff is great, other stuff not so much.

Cant stand Nine Inch Nails or anything Trent Reznor has touched...short asshole that doesn't think his **** stinks is all he is.
Beatles...overrated and played out.
Nirvana...I don't care for the whining :****:
Red Hot Chili Peppers...can keep that studio tuned **** in Comifornia for all I care.

Eagles....I guess it depends..as a band Im not the biggest fan....cant deny Clapton is one of the greatest of all time when it comes to 6 strings tho.

FlatlandFSJ said:
Idk bout this....Im 50/50 on Pink Floyd being in the thread. Some of their stuff is great, other stuff not so much.

Cant stand Nine Inch Nails or anything Trent Reznor has touched...short asshole that doesn't think his **** stinks is all he is.
Beatles...overrated and played out.
Nirvana...I don't care for the whining :****:
Red Hot Chili Peppers...can keep that studio tuned **** in Comifornia for all I care.

Eagles....I guess it depends..as a band Im not the biggest fan....cant deny Clapton is one of the greatest of all time when it comes to 6 strings tho.

Clapton...The Eagles?

Not one band or artist named in this thread so far that I give a crap about. I'm so picky about music that I rarely turn the radio on in the car or truck. So much of it sucks now.

And the the most over rated award goes to " drum roll" .... Elvis ****ing Presley. I can't frigging stand anything he ever produced. I'd rather hear a recording of little boys at never land ranch or whatever it was called.

June dog said:
And the the most over rated award goes to " drum roll" .... Elvis ****ing Presley. I can't frigging stand anything he ever produced. I'd rather hear a recording of little boys at never land ranch or whatever it was called.

X2. Can't stand Elvis. On the other hand I do dig me some pink Floyd. Mainly the older stuff. I do like nirvana. They changed rock. Period. I believe AIC had just as much to do with that as well. It got the crappy queer as hair bands out. I cannot stand the 80's hair band music. Kiss, poison, def leopard, etc. about the only one who has SOME tolerable songs is GUns N Roses.