• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best in the West 2012

the secret weapon did work amazing well. it kept a lot of mud out of the cab and most importantly off the steering wheel:awesomework:

I think you'll be seeing that copied by a FEW people. I'd thought about it before, now I think it will be a reality.

My front end sits three inches to the driver side:eeek:

haven't looked yet as there is too much mud. i will have it cleaned and inspected tonight after work.

hmm, curious. Maybe not doing that 2nd run WOULD have been the good choice.... or it was something that was waiting to fail.

Cant wait too see Lisa's pictures.:cheer:

X2, She gets some excellent shots, and is willing to stand out in the mud, rain and shrapnel path to get them :awesomework: :awesomework:

I took out two body panels (ninja trees!), put a hole in another radiator (which I think I patched at the race).

But thats the good thing, as it made me stop, park the truck and look things over and look why the driver's side front wheel was at a funky angle... turns out a cracked the inner "C" off the axle tube :eek:. Good thing I put it right on the trailer after I found that, it probably would have pulled apart just driving to the trophy ceremony :mad:

If I hasn't popped the radiator, I probably would not have noticed as I wouldn't have driven it all the way back to the starting area (which worked it out). That would have SUCKED on the course... and been more expensive. I think my trucks trying to tell me something.

Oh, and I STILL need a s-ton more shock in the front. I want to think I can go a lot faster once I get that front end under control.

Wow.

What front end do you have underneath that beast?
Narrowed D44.

It was one of my welds. Never had one failed but then again I've never abused one of them THIS hard. I haven't torn it apart yet but it looks like I didn't burn it in hard and deap enough. Probably would have been just fine in "regular" use.

It will get reinforced, and the next axle(s) will be trussed.

Me and the little lady had a blast until smoke started coming from under my.... no what thats right i dont have a hood :redneck: Water pump belt flew off on one of the hard hits i guess.

Temp guage read 230 when i could finally get the mud off it! I will be running a compresion test this week to see if shes all good. And will definitly be getting a secret weapon of my own :awesomework:

Thanks to Bo for a great course!

Me and the little lady had a blast until smoke started coming from under my.... no what thats right i dont have a hood :redneck: Water pump belt flew off on one of the hard hits i guess.

Temp guage read 230 when i could finally get the mud off it! I will be running a compresion test this week to see if shes all good. And will definitly be getting a secret weapon of my own :awesomework:

Thanks to Bo for a great course!
Did anybody NOT break anything :haha: :haha:

still best bang-for-the-buck out there. That Beau, and Mrs Beau who puts up with him.

Beau walks around with that wry grin because he secretly hates us and loves to see us tear out **** up on his course......:flipoff:

ITS TRUE! I love to see you guys hammer your junk! So proud to be apart of a great group of people. When i leave the park sunday night i cant stop smiling and thinking about the good time we have. never want it to end! SOMEDAY my junk will be done and i can play too.:cheer::cheer::cheer: also a big thanks to my wifey for putting up with me and all my adventures.

Great show by everyone this weekend, unfortunatly the weather didnt hold but that didnt stop anyone from laying down the skinny pedal. GREAT SHOW:awesomework:

Ill have points up by end of the week and Lisa is working on getting the thousands of pictures posted so hang tight and get out and fix all yer junk:beer:

i had fun today.

the odds were just not in my favor this week and my truck fought me until the last minute and could not make it out

i want to give a huge thanks to brent for offering his buggy to me to race for points. :awesomework: :awesomework:

No prob man, I'm a racer and it would bring the suck to blow something up work hard to try to get it fixed.....and just fall short. You have always been one of my favorites to watch :awesomework:

Had a great time as always. Here are some of the pics, the rest can be found here...

http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums...ne ORV Park/Best in the West 061712/Unedited/

Photobucket is giving us troubles so not to many pics are up yet. Also, not quite as many pics as the past as Lisa was playing with the Gopro as well and we are trying to get them into a little video...

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0681-1.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0651-1.jpg

DSC_0764.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

Hip almost lost his springs on the left front coil over..... Looks like the bucket shifted.

Hip almost lost his springs on the left front coil over..... Looks like the bucket shifted.

actually i did lose the driver side upper link mount, i havent inspected to see if it is failed weld, or failed design...

i think it happened when i raced the second race and i was wondering if i actually hit MJP1080 in the rock pile. i thought i stopped short but it was real close.

i noticed wierd handling and noises right after that?

Did anyone notice if i hit tire to tire?

even with the secret weapon i still had to use motorcycle goggles with tear offs. after the first round even in the lead i could not see after the first lap.

i think it happened when i raced the second race and i was wondering if i actually hit MJP1080 in the rock pile. i thought i stopped short but it was real close.

i noticed wierd handling and noises right after that?

Did anyone notice if i hit tire to tire?

I sure didn't feel anything :D

I wonder if Marshall had wipers on his goggles :haha:

Tear off's are a life saver!!:awesomework:

The motor-cross style helmet I use combined with standard safety glasses seem to work good. Maybe its because I subconsciously tilt my head when I big splash is coming and it the hand-over visor shields my eyes.

Don't know. My helmet is almost always caked in mud, but I don't seem to loose vision all often.

Well looks like #3 cyl lost compresion :mad: But i might get to add some ponies throw the repair.

im going to run tear offs next round for sure. The girlfriend was wiping my saftyglasses for me :redneck:

Pics look great :awesomework:

That would explain why it didn't sound right.

Kind of funny, as I lost the plug wire of my #3 as well. Amazing how shitting it runs just missing one wire.

I also need to figure out why it wouldn't stay in low, never done that before but then again lots of things are tweaked. Had to run the course in HI, which actually wan't that bad and I might try again next round.

That would explain why it didn't sound right.

Kind of funny, as I lost the plug wire of my #3 as well. Amazing how shitting it runs just missing one wire.

I also need to figure out why it wouldn't stay in low, never done that before but then again lots of things are tweaked. Had to run the course in HI, which actually wan't that bad and I might try again next round.

what transfer case you runnin?

my dana 20 in the jeep pops out of low range so i added a bungee so it can pop back in.:redneck::haha:

I sure didn't feel anything :D

when you launched into the rocks i was right on your tail and then you got hung up, i slammed on the binders and thought i was short of you, but my engine died right then so i was thinking maybe we smacked tires and that stopped the drivetrain cold and threw all that force up that link?

probably never know was just anaylizing in my head what would do that.:eeek:

with all the bouncing around i dont even know if i would have felt it, the adrenaline is running pretty good about then. :cool:

what transfer case you runnin?

my dana 20 in the jeep pops out of low range so i added a bungee so it can pop back in.:redneck::haha:
D20

Same D20 I've been running all season, never and issue. I did try and switch it to twin-stick a little while ago, and the front wouldn't stay in low, but as a single stick I haven't had an issue... till the last race.

Lots of reasons it could be, not the least of which being the truck slowly folding itself in 1/2 :D

I'll get it figured out. Eventually I'll do a tear down of the t-case and shim the detents for twin-stick, till then, run it till it breaks.