• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best$ on coilovers

just under $1k incl shipping. Could have gone F_O_A for about a hundred cheaper, but I just don't like the acme threads.

That and these came with the dual rate stoppers and a special machined Lower cup and bump stop is built in.

If you look at them the threads are like a ramp. even though you can tighten the adjuster, there will be more pressure on it than with more tpi. Probably just in my mind, but thats the way I see it.

Well, Im no engineer by any means, I just thought it would make sense to use threads like those when a lot of high stress applications use them already. I know I have some house jacks that use acme threads as a for example. I thought they were designed for high stress and pressure loads?

I guess the way I see it, is youre using a thread thats "designed" for a high pressure/high load (at least I think so), and the fact that its less TPI could work for the better in two ways. One, less turns to get to the adjustment you want. Two, once the shocks are used and the threads packed with mud and crap, you have less (and larger) threads to clean out before making your adjustments. On the flip side, I guess once you have them "dialed in", theres not gonna be a lot of adjusting going on.

I dunno. There are other bigger things to consider when getting coilovers too Im sure, and I kinda jumped into the middle of all this, feel free to ignore my ramblings and continue with youre regular thread, haha.

~T.J.

Last edited:
Gary, i have a pair of King 3" by 14" with springs, off our race truck. King sells RACE and PRERUNNER. ours are RACE and you probably need it:)
always serviced by king. (we added bypass in the front last year and new shocks so these came out)

asking 1000.00 for the pair. I think they're about 750.00 ea. new.
If your interested, i'll find out the spring rates for you.

Larry

I got my KING 2.0 14" travel remote resivours for $975 a pair shipped, fully setup up with springs and dual rate kits from downsouth motorsports. That seemed like a fair deal

I have some brand new in box 14" SAWs with dual rate kit, no coils. Make me an offer.

Ben, I have a Nicely built Santa Cruz Downhill / FR bike with all the most expensive stuff I could by on it I'd trade yah. Plus, I'll go wheeling with yah next summer (at the rate I am going... so slow).
:D

Want pics?

Hell NO! I'd hurt myself.:haha:

At least you'd get better exercise than right-footing the throttle. :redneck:

Are your SAW's the 2.0's? I should have some actual greenbacks here soon. I'll email yah with more details. 14" is what i am looking for.