• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best snow tires?????????????

Give me any tire with tred and I can make it go. It is all down to PPSI of contact area and the wheels that the tires are mounted on.

Even these???
images

:fawkdancesmiley:

ok question:
in another thread it was mentioned that tsls or sx's are not that good in snow..

in this thread, I think the iroks win hands down.. popular opinion

iroks and tsls are not THAT much different..

why is one great and 1 ****?

please discuss.

The grooved 36" TSL's I ran a couple yrs back actually were quite impressive in the white stuff...That said, I am also happy with my LTB's...but have yet to get into really deep stuff... we'll see this winter---as from what I've heard, sounds like a nasty winter is in store...

The grooved 36" TSL's I ran a couple yrs back actually were quite impressive in the white stuff...That said, I am also happy with my LTB's...but have yet to get into really deep stuff... we'll see this winter---as from what I've heard, sounds like a nasty winter is in store...
I have to agree.
until this year, i have been running grooved 36 x 12.5 x 15 tsl's. one of my good wheeling buddis runs 38.5 x 14.5 x15 boggers which in reality should do much better than mine (my rig is heavier as well)

i could go any place he went and vice versa.

i grooved them in winter, one weekend no grooves, next weekend grooved. and wow.. what a difference.

but seriously would like to hear some opinions.
I'm not so sure my new 38 sx's are going to do as well, as they are on a little bit narrower wheel and they don't balloon as well.
I have another set of beadlocks and was thinking about getting some snow tires.. only for that time of year.

Last edited:
I have to agree.
until this year, i have been running grooved 36 x 12.5 x 15 tsl's. one of my good wheeling buddis runs 38.5 x 15 x15 boggers which in reality should do much better than mine (my rig is heavier as well)

i could go any place he went and vice versa.

i grooved them in winter, one weekend no grooves, next weekend grooved. and wow.. what a difference.

but seriously would like to hear some opinions.
I'm not so sure my new 38 sx's are going to do as well, as they are on a little bit narrower wheel and they don't balloon as well.
I have another set of beadlocks and was thinking about getting some snow tires.. only for that time of year.

fixed!!! ...............i have the same ones

this is somewhat relieving. im almost set on a pair of 43" sx stickys but after hearing all the negatives about sx's and stickys in the snow im not sure what ill run. guess ill keep watching this thread

better pics toomorow these are the best i have run

5-1.jpg

dg-1.jpg

they may only be 35" tall but they are wide and light as hell that is a 38.5 x 18.50 micky on a 12" wide wheel and two of these are as wide as three or the mickys

also these are for sale they are on 15 x 15 6 lug wheels

2-2.jpg

although this would be way more fun

sled_rod_01.jpg

This was very informative and interesting to see how you deal with the elements over here as far as the meats you run .

By deep stuff, the deepest I've been in with the LTB's is about 20", and I also have not grooved them......yet! We shall see this winter!!!:awesomework:

I'm excited to have a fresh set of the new Goodyear MT/R's just in time for snow wheeling this year! Will report back as soon as the white stuff starts falling!

Iroks do well in the snow because they are soft and balloon out well. TSL's are a harder rubber. Grooving helps by giving more biting edges and letting them flex better. My .02. We need to hear from some Canuks or boys from the blue mtns, they do a lot of snow wheeling.

ok question:
in another thread it was mentioned that tsls or sx's are not that good in snow..

in this thread, I think the iroks win hands down.. popular opinion

iroks and tsls are not THAT much different..

why is one great and 1 ****?

please discuss.

i do not have exp with iroks... my buddy had a set of 37"tsls on his runner and they would not track straight at all in any amount of snow he switched to boggers and has no problems now...

i'm running 37" mtrs and will report back when the snow starts to come

Last edited:
Iroks do well in the snow because they are soft and balloon out well. TSL's are a harder rubber. Grooving helps by giving more biting edges and letting them flex better. My .02. We need to hear from some Canuks or boys from the blue mtns, they do a lot of snow wheeling.

the run boggers or claws mostly. (but not excusively)

I know a bunch of those guys.
and where do most of my snow wheeling.

the deapest ive had my rig is about 4-5 feet of snow.
as seen here
DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

doesn't look that deap, but i sunk my full lenght shovel handle in the middle of the road.

Proble is, for most other wheeling, tsls and sx hold up well in this part of the world.