• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best snow tires?????????????

ya, its on the road.. but unless you have a rig built much more than mine.. your not going to get far off the road in 4-5 feet of snow.
I just don't have the ponies.

Don't need ponies, you need gears for serious snow wheeling.

Irok or Gateway Buckshots have proven to be the best all around snow tires.

KM2's bring the suck. But depending on the size your shooting for I have seen TXR's and BFG A/t's do very well. Not the greatest in powder but great in slush/ice.

When I had the sami, the best tire I ran was the TRXUS MT.
BFG,MTR,TSL...
A few things to think about, basicly already mentioned:
Rig weight & tire side wall thickness (flexability).
If you can't get up on top of the snow you will need alot of ponies (and fuel) to push it.
$.02:D

When I had the sami, the best tire I ran was the TRXUS MT.
BFG,MTR,TSL...
A few things to think about, basicly already mentioned:
Rig weight & tire side wall thickness (flexability).
If you can't get up on top of the snow you will need alot of ponies (and fuel) to push it.
$.02:D

x2 on the Trxus MT:awesomework:

KM2's bring the suck. But depending on the size your shooting for I have seen TXR's and BFG A/t's do very well. Not the greatest in powder but great in slush/ice.

Single digit air pressure and siped they're ok. :awesomework:

Get some chains that fit your tire and wheel combo and you will then have the best snow tire for wheeling that you can.

:eeek:

Sometimes. When its icy as hell, its nice to have chains, but when your in the deep ****, you don't want chains. Why? Because they lead to you digging down, an in the deep stuff, you want to float.:cheer: At least, IMO.

The Icelanders seem to like their Arctic Trucks branded, **** Cepek FCII's.
Fantastic I'm sure, in deep snow alone.

getfile.aspx

Though PitBull Rockers have Served me well. :D
They rule everywhere though. :flipoff:

snowy.jpg

Last edited:
:eeek:

Sometimes. When its icy as hell, its nice to have chains, but when your in the deep ****, you don't want chains. Why? Because they lead to you digging down, an in the deep stuff, you want to float.:cheer: At least, IMO.

Exactly, if you can touch the bottom, narrow tires & chains rule.
But if you can't, fatty McFlotation tire is your friend.

I ran 39.5 swampers for many years and thought they did good...changed my Jeep for street legal and put some 36 radial Iroks on and found out that they are very good, went places with those that I did with the swampers that were bigger easily but I don't like how fast the Iroks wear out...if I had a summer set and a winter set of tires Iroks would be on for winter

[/QUOTE]

Depends on the snow.... But I can attest to Iroks on many occasions. :awesomework:[/QUOTE]

yep i'd can say your iroks work damn well in the snow:awesomework:

I like the old MTR's personally.. I have ran iroks, swampers, bfgs, and some other OK brand brands but I like them MTRs alot.. I mean the Irok's worked awsome just cant find them used anymore. I picked up a set of mtr's with about 80% tread and have 400$ into them so I like them more that way ahahaha..:redneck:

For smaller tires something like the old bfg and mtr are great. 38 gumbo mudder where the king her till they quit making them. Now iroks and recentky the pitbulls are the tire of choice. Wide rim low airpressure is bout all you need. Other tires have been too hard and dont air down well or dig way to much.