• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bias or radial for snow

LiftedZuki

So I was wondering if I did mostly snow, trails, (gravel roads too to get to our property/12 miles of that each way) some rock (not a whole lot, its a DD)

Thinking about two sets of tires, bfg's and bias iroks but seems like people like radial iroks for snow wheeling (closest wheeling I have is snow and sand).

No flaming, people tell me bias iroks for sidewall strength but my rigs 2200lbs and radial seems to be the choice for snow?

Bias Iroks FTW :cheer:

Of course, we can't wheel in the snow over here because it might kill a worm. :booo:

So I was wondering if I did mostly snow, trails, (gravel roads too to get to our property/12 miles of that each way) some rock (not a whole lot, its a DD)

Thinking about two sets of tires, bfg's and bias iroks but seems like people like radial iroks for snow wheeling (closest wheeling I have is snow and sand).

No flaming, people tell me bias iroks for sidewall strength but my rigs 2200lbs and radial seems to be the choice for snow?

if its a DD then get radials imo.
there might be somethin out there better than a bfg for your rig though.
:beer:

I was saying vsf for street and mild offroad and bias iroks for all real wheeling.
I gotta do axles and motor swap before I do tires though

if its a DD then get radials imo.
there might be somethin out there better than a bfg for your rig though.
:beer:

fwiw i wanted to clarify. on a 2200lb rig, i think the bfg AT or km2 wouldnt be aggressive enough. The ATs do kill it on a heavier rig though. and for years iv seen the original MTs kill it in snow, on lots of dif rigs. too bad they dont make em anymore. iv only read on the internet of people hatin on the originals in the snow.
every rig/tire combo has their sweet spot as far as PSI though...

Snows all gone, so it really doesn't matter now, does it! :fawkdancesmiley: :redneck:
That said, I have seen the PBR's (37's), the Iroks (37, 39.5), LTB's (35), TrxsM/T (33,37), even Hankook M/T's (35)...Old MTR's (35,37), The KM's in multiple sizes (31,33,35)...not so much the KM2's...

And? Lol. No opinion on them just wanted to let me know. Lol

My trxus 33s did pretty good and they straight own every other tire I've seen on icy roads.
But 35 trxus are $100 cheaper than 36 bias iroks. So no questions bout that. Going bias iroks unless some good trxus 35s come up on craigslist.

Which tire? Irrelevant. On which vehicle? Also irrelevant. Which driver? The only thing relevant.

There are too many possibilities to truthfully answer this question. Anyone that tries, is giving you tainted and irrelevant info.

I think tires matter on what rig. I had to plow on 33 trxus mts and towing my bro through some stuff with His Zuk on 35 treps.

Mines a little lighter smaller tires and less gearing and power.

Why did I do better? His treps have some hard sidewalls!

Do tell :haha:

I'd like to see a radial ride like this and not come apart.

IMG_20110324_200646.jpg

The best all around tire is the old or new Goodyear MTR. Aside from that, the driver will dictate which tires are "better" or "worse".

The best all around tire is the old or new Goodyear MTR. Aside from that, the driver will dictate which tires are "better" or "worse".

one greenie to anotha:
id put the o.g. bfg mt in that group because they did mud better than the original mtr and have a solid rep for wearing good on a DD. MTR have better rep for rocks maybe... who cares about rocks though:eek: