• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bias or Radial IROK

Which IROK for snow wheeling?

• Bias 39.5

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Radial 39.5

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
tsl's and sx's dig beings they are pretty stiff due to their big lugs not flexing. Iroks work really well because they have lots of smaller lugs and a flexy carcass. If you cut a new set of sx's up right off the bat they will work well but the iroks will still be a better snow tire. Personally I'd do the sx's and cut them so you have a tire that works decent in the snow and a good trail tire that will actually clean out in the mud unlike the iroks..

tsl's and sx's dig beings they are pretty stiff due to their big lugs not flexing. Iroks work really well because they have lots of smaller lugs and a flexy carcass. If you cut a new set of sx's up right off the bat they will work well but the iroks will still be a better snow tire. Personally I'd do the sx's and cut them so you have a tire that works decent in the snow and a good trail tire that will actually clean out in the mud unlike the iroks..
well, im not much for MUD. if its on the trail thats fine, but i dont go looking for it.
im looking for a good trail, and snow tire. and right now, my 40%tread, cut SX's are doing VERY well.

the SX's are a bit cheaper too....:eeek:
decisions, decisions...

if you head to the mountains in march you will be playing in the mud wether you like it or not which is what I meant about that.. Not that you are going to enter mud drags sheesh.. :haha:

if you head to the mountains in march you will be playing in the mud wether you like it or not which is what I meant about that.. Not that you are going to enter mud drags sheesh.. :haha:

I plan on entering mud drags... Bias Iroks all the way, besides arent they cheaper than the SX's anyways?!?! I was gonna go with the SX but went with the Irok because they were a little cheaper and i had ran them before...

I plan on entering mud drags... Bias Iroks all the way, besides arent they cheaper than the SX's anyways?!?! I was gonna go with the SX but went with the Irok because they were a little cheaper and i had ran them before...
4wheel parts lists the 39.5 irok at $306, and the 38.5 SX at $287.

A lot of the guys down in the portland area get used rear right tires off of sprint cars. Toss them on some 15-18" wide wheels and you float like a butterfly on snow or sand.