Which IROK for snow wheeling?

• Bias 39.5

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Radial 39.5

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

nevada

so whos running what?
and whats working best? how do the bias perform in the snow compared to the radial.

any damaged sidewalls on the radials?

my next set of tires will be IROKS, but im undecided on what flavor to get. they'll be 39.5's, if that makes a difference. i ordered a set(radial) when they first came out. but i returned them. the sidewall was SOO thin. i just knew i would be destroying them.

yup, my friend has a set of 36" radials and i have 36" bias... the bias has a more rounded carcass and the tread pattern is more open... for all out wheeler and the PRICE... go bias.....

I have a set of 39.5 BIAS Iroks for sale....:corn:

I have the bias and love em.....just have to make sure to get the pressure low enough.....4 to 5 psi is good for me,,,7 to 8 psi and the tire is round.

I have the bias and love em.....just have to make sure to get the pressure low enough.....4 to 5 psi is good for me,,,7 to 8 psi and the tire is round.

What he said. I've got 36 bias. with 13 LBS in them they look like balloons. Good tire and the sidewalls are thick as fawk!

Plus if you already had radials why even waste the time and money again!?
________
volcano vaporizer review

Last edited:
Bias

I've wheeled them for two years now, awesome in the snow, best all around wheeling tire I've ever run. I bag the Fuk out of them like 1-2 lbs, right before the tire folds in half is where they float like crazy!!

What he said. I've got 36 bias. with 13 LBS in them they look like balloons. Good tire and the sidewalls are thick as fawk!

Plus if you already had radials why even waste the time and money again!?
well..i guess i know what i'll get.

as far as getting the radials...again. i was hoping after a few years of real world use, the sidewalls would prove themselves...to be good or bad.

im running SX's now, and...they dont do so hot in the snow. they do ALOT better since i cut em, but still not as good as most radials do. so i wanted to make sure the next set i got, would do good in the snow.

but, from the sounds of it, the IROK bias does just fine.:cheer:

thanks guys:awesomework:

I got to play in the snow with mine for the first time last night... Had em at about 10 and they did just fine. I was just bombing up and down the road though... Man I love when its too slick even for the cops to be out.:fawkdancesmiley:
________
Yamaha R5

Last edited:
Pretty much the same answers as I got. I am going with the bias on the Jimmy if I ever get the cash to buy them.

i've got bias on tojo, and i have been dicking off in the snow. my tires are used, and have some mars in the sidewalls, but they hold air just fine

You already answered your own question.

Well said.
yeh, i know. BUT...that was literally when they FIRST came out, so noone had run them yet. figured id ask about the bias in the snow. and if the radials actually survived a bit better...than i thought they would.
now, i know:awesomework:

im actually a bit surprised(glad) to hear the bias perform so well in the snow.

If you wheel it, get the bias. If it's a pavement princess, get the radials.

My bias Iroks did better in the snow than my bias TSL's.

yeh, i know. BUT...that was literally when they FIRST came out, so noone had run them yet. figured id ask about the bias in the snow. and if the radials actually survived a bit better...than i thought they would.
now, i know:awesomework:

im actually a bit surprised(glad) to hear the bias perform so well in the snow.

And do not be afraid to toss them on beadlocks. They like super low (3-5 psi) pressures. They work harder than that but if you really wanna go damned near anywhere you'll need beadlocks. :D

And do not be afraid to toss them on beadlocks. They like super low (3-5 psi) pressures. They work harder than that but if you really wanna go damned near anywhere you'll need beadlocks. :D
id talked to you about my wheels, and which set to beaadlock. well as it turns out, my memory sucks, and those other wheels WERE reversed.
so last friday, i beadlocked my 10".

oh what a difference it made!!
cant wait for the new tires.

but, im got a small question/concern about the NEW tires, of any tread.

will the deeper tread allow/cause it to dig down more? my tread is fairly low now, it doesnt really dig down, but stay ups on top pretty good. anyone notice if thats an issue, when going from WORN tires, to NEW deep lugs? especially with the iroks?

when i get the IROKS, they'll be going on 10", with DIY beadlocks. so probably around 11.5" wide now.

im VERY happy with how my SX's are performing now. and have actually thought about just getting another new set, and cutting them the same, right from the beginning. :eeek: