• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BIg Al's Buggy

Wanna race Big Al? :flipoff1: FAWKIN AWESOME, your a Mad Man, can't wait to see you unroll that bad boy. Give me a holla. :dblthumb:

what's up with the flange in the middle of the primaries on the header. looks like a flat flange/flat flange. that seal up okay or did you stamp out a copper/al/whatever gasket for it? If there are no problems with that setup, I might do that on mine. I was looking at randy's on pirate and he has the v band style that are a bit pricier whereas I can burn these
Thanks for any info

1200.00 in materials alone. i designed the headers that way. no leaks no wories. v band clamps are designed for single tube connections.

2 lazer cut stainless steel flanges. machined surface were they bolt together. i'll probly use high temp silicone.

Kelly, if its thick enough material and precision ground surfaces, shouldn't have the need for a gasket other than maybe some silicone. I took a couple of courses of machine tool at the local community college and precision grinding was one of the courses. Man did it suck! Watching that grinding wheel go back and forth! On another note, if you grind two pieces of metal fine enough you can push those surfaces together and twist them and they'll stick together. Kinda weird. Wouldn't have believed it till I saw it. :****:

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Kelly, if its thick enough material and precision ground surfaces, shouldn't have the need for a gasket other than maybe some silicone. I took a couple of courses of machine tool at the local community college and precision grinding was one of the courses. Man did it suck! Watching that grinding wheel go back and forth! On another note, if you grind two pieces of metal fine enough you can push those surfaces together and twist them and they'll stick together. Kinda weird. Wouldn't have believed it till I saw it. :****:

Yeah its actually a vaccum. The surface is smooth enough so theres no pits for air pockets.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Was just worried about weld warpage and lack of sealing. No worries on reflattening it. I like the idea and will most likely use it.

blacksheep10 said:
Was just worried about weld warpage and lack of sealing. No worries on reflattening it. I like the idea and will most likely use it.

Weld then machine it off.