• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Groups or a Few Wheelers?

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
What kind of wheeling do you prefer?

Big groups of folks, in diversified rigs, or a small group of capable rigs that just goes out and wheels all day?

I prefer a large group of different kinds of rigs. Going out wheeling is all well and good, but standing around with a large group watching rig after rig attempt an obstacle is what makes it fun for me.

Small group, Capable rigs with capable drivers. Getting the most out of every hour.

KarlVP said:
What kind of wheeling do you prefer?

Big groups of folks, in diversified rigs, or a small group of capable rigs that just goes out and wheels all day?

I prefer a large group of different kinds of rigs. Going out wheeling is all well and good, but standing around with a large group watching rig after rig attempt an obstacle is what makes it fun for me.

I like to go Wheeling, w/ Small Groups & rig's that are pretty much set-up the same... just a smoother / enjoyable Operation. 3-5 Rig's on BusyWild is Perfect 4 me.

3-5 rigs is about right for me. i like running with at least one guy who has a rig a little bit more capable than mine, because it makes me try things i wouldnt otherwise in order to keep up. like when i made it up the hill above the sand chasm on my old street tires. plus they can pull me out of stucks and up hills.

which reminds me: is there any shame in being pulled up a hill by a 400cc quad?

crash said:
Both works for me. But I also enjoy going by myself for a few hours :;

this is when i do my best wheelin cause thats when its only me and the trail... alot easier to concentrate when there isnt 10 people yellin at you what to do.
but its also fun to go in a small group of 3-6 rigs

yup--i was last in line, with my crappy, bald-to-the-point-of-being-illegal wild country RVTs, going up a steep rutted hill, and i couldnt make it even with a run.

3-5 rigs is perfect, very little bs, lots of ground traveled, obstacles don't get all fawked up (usually). But most important is who you wheel with.

Normally I kinda like a smaller group, seams like big groups break down to smaller groups anyway, just takes longer to get it done. Once in a while big groups are ok, but its because of the social thing, and not wheeling....:stirpot:

I'm all for a group of equal rigs. Not as much concerned on the amount, just as long they are equipt and can fix their own breakage.

We do a couple of big runs per year and they are fun, but you have to be patient and enjoy them for what they are. The small runs with 3 to 5 rigs are the norm and are really more fun while on the trail. Some of the BEST times I've had ever have been with 2 or 3 rigs that are pretty equal helping eachother out on a hard trail.

FordFrk06 said:
which reminds me: is there any shame in being pulled up a hill by a 400cc quad?

That's worse than being pulled out by a Samurai :flipoff:

I usually go in small groups of fairly equal rigs, usually one or two that are more capable. But, I also subject myself to one of the biggest runs out there, and there is a lot of waiting and bs, but it's work involved, so it's ok.

3-5 is good, once in awhile fun to have a bigger group too

regarless of group size, I do like watching others beat up their **** on stuff :redneck:

wheeling/motorcycles, anything that runs trails, it's more fun to have a small, equally capable group, keeps things moving more smoothly.

Yup, 3-5 is where its at. It's amazing at times how much fun you can have and how much ground you can cover with a small group.

Large groups tend to give me a headache.

Latest posts