• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bitcoin

zukimaster said:
Anyone who has not watched the Wolf of Wall Street needs to, it's a bad ass movie.

All I could think about while watching that vid with Jordan Belfort was wondering if he really got trashed on 'Ludes and crawled to his Lambo like in the movie haha. I really wonder how much of the movie was accurate and how much was added, as far as his recklessness. Leonardo Dicaprio is a badass actor, one of my favorites.

I don't understand this crypto currency stuff at all, but my son convinced me to invest some money. I dropped a grand in it a couple months back. He in vests in Bitcoin, Ethereum and others. He was telling me about Dragon something last night. Guess I'll see where it goes. I've wasted money before... :dblthumb:

TacomaJD said:
All I could think about while watching that vid with Jordan Belfort was wondering if he really got trashed on 'Ludes and crawled to his Lambo like in the movie haha. I really wonder how much of the movie was accurate and how much was added, as far as his recklessness. Leonardo Dicaprio is a badass actor, one of my favorites.
I drove perfect. Went under the speed limit and avoided all possible obstacles......

Anybody else buy ripple (XRP)? The 95 bucks worth of ripple I bought Sunday is now worth 144.50. If you go buy percentages I'm rolling in it. :woot:

clemsonjeep said:
I would buy some but im still waiting to get approved on bitstamp
I used coinbase to buy bitcoin with MasterCard. Then sent it to binance and bought xrp with the bitcoin. It took me 3 days to move the xrp to my toast wallet app. Could not get Google Authenticator to work right for some reason. Pretty sure it was operator error.
My son has been buying trx. It's supposed to take off pretty soon. Pretty cheap buy at .04.

Popping?
40943765f799cf212eb26ea420c60a8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seriously though, what are you buying? Can one person give me an intelligent non internet answer as to what a bit coin is and how it is going to make money? What is your strategy? Is there an out? Who are you giving the money too? Does their investment strategy have a track record of success? Is there more to this than basement dwelling hackers creating a buzz? What financial institution is backing it? Somebody please give us the whole story.......

The whole idea of buying and trading crypto currency as a speculative investment is pretty much against the whole point of crypto currency ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerj said:
The first rule of bitcoin is, you don't talk about bitcoin...

Cause nobody knows what the heck they are doing :rolf: At least trading commodities there is a specified contract delivery date, product, and quantity. Bitcoin is an imaginary currency managed by an anonymous source, right? Or does anyone know? Looking for the intelligent answer that is convincing everyone they should throw money at this thing. I will humble myself and admit you are on to something if someone can give me a legit detailed explanation. I mean I know you're busy ordering your Bentley and looking at houses in TonyB's neighborhood but help us commoners out, I want to be rich to and I want to know how this imaginary currency is going to help me. :dunno: :rolf: :stir:

TBItoy said:
The whole idea of buying and trading crypto currency as a speculative investment is pretty much against the whole point of crypto currency ...

Ah yes, The Law of Unintended Consequences at work once again. :) :) :)

money_pit_yj said:
Cause nobody knows what the heck they are doing :rolf: At least trading commodities there is a specified contract delivery date, product, and quantity. Bitcoin is an imaginary currency managed by an anonymous source, right? Or does anyone know? Looking for the intelligent answer that is convincing everyone they should throw money at this thing. I will humble myself and admit you are on to something if someone can give me a legit detailed explanation. I mean I know you're busy ordering your Bentley and looking at houses in TonyB's neighborhood but help us commoners out, I want to be rich to and I want to know how this imaginary currency is going to help me. :dunno: :rolf: :stir:
Like buying Peso's thinking the value of Peso's to dollars is going to go way up. It is a new currency, which has value, as do all currencies, in the faith that when you go to pay someone with it, they will take it and give you and equal agreed upon amount of goods. Fiat's are "backed" by a gov't, but really only buy the "faith" that the gov't is good for it and it will be accepted. Buying speculatively, is just a short lived deal, the only reason it was climbing is everybody was finding out about it and buying. Finite resource, huge demand, it climbs. Now as demand levels out and more people are selling than buying, no **** the price is dropping. They won't make any more of them so you are trading little pieces of a bitcoin. XRP and others are at the inception, so you can buy a whole coin for not much, not a .00000001 of a coin. Again, it is all based on the idea that people all around the world will accept this as a form of payment, and it will be widely enough accepted that it has trust and faith in the logarithm that ensures its safety and accuracy etc. This is what you're buying, faith in a computer program as a store of value kind of. This is from passive googling, and very little knowledge.