• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"black" traction tape

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Has anybody ever bought this stuff before--its black and looks like sand paper but it has a sticky back side. The wife wants something like that on her sliders so her lil legs can grab traction :awesomework:

I gots a box of it at the house if ya want some. each strip is about 24" long and 6" wide. works great indoors not surer bout outside. Or we got some at Joes for boat use that would work pretty good.

I gots a box of it at the house if ya want some. each strip is about 24" long and 6" wide. works great indoors not surer bout outside. Or we got some at Joes for boat use that would work pretty good.

GI Joes has it..

snicker snicker

Most skateboarders use it on their boards. It's called grip tape. :redneck:Should be able to get it at the local skate shop. Does pretty good in all weather types.

Yup I won't be offended by that, cuz the ghost of G.I lives in the store ( or so I have all the dumb ass teeny boper girls thinking) so

"GO JOE" :fawkdancesmiley:

That stuff is gnarly on the shins if you do happen to slip off it though...makes for some nice hamburgered legs :haha:

The skateshop stuff is way better than the thin precut strips.

I know because once when I needed to get my new skate deck griptaped and the local shop was out I try'd the hardware store stuff. No good.

It's also called "skate tape" or "tread tape". HomoDespot also sells a rubber diamond tread type stickon deal that's got better grip and doesn't remove skin when you do slip. It's usually in the tiedown section, you get two strips about 6" wide by 2' long in a pack.

Home Depot sells it in rolls, 2" wide, perfect for sliders. I put some on the top of my 2" square RRO sliders, trimmed just a hair so the edge wouldn't be on the rounded corner of the slider, less likely to peel up.

That stuff is gnarly on the shins if you do happen to slip off it though...makes for some nice hamburgered legs :haha:

TELL ME ABOUT IT. i used to have some baaaaad shins hahaha. or back in the BMX days when my foot would slip off a pedal only to find the steel claw in my shin! oh the good times.

Home Depot sells it in rolls, 2" wide, perfect for sliders. I put some on the top of my 2" square RRO sliders, trimmed just a hair so the edge wouldn't be on the rounded corner of the slider, less likely to peel up.

You remember what it was by?I looked and couldn't find the stuff...

It was near the painting supplies, don't remember exactly which isle and had to ask like 3 different people, but IIRC it was by the tape and glue and such right in the painting section.

Sticks GOOD too, I climb all over my sliders and it stays stuck. I also put some on the top of the tongue of my last trailer as I was always climbing over it, will do the same to the tongue of my flatbed when I get it.

Brand Name

3M makes this style tape that is usually sold at Lowes or Home Depot. 3m Calls it SAFETY WALK TAPE. They make it in medium and heavy abrasive. Be sure and get the heavy abrasive. Usually when you are asking for it they will call it anti-slip tape.
Hope this helps.