• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blue Torch Fab love.

Eddyj

I stopped by yesterday to get some tabs. I've been there a few times normally just walk in get what I need from girl at the counter and leave. Yesterday I talked to "the boss man", guy was cool, easy to talk to, and very informative. Talked me into spending about an extra $100 on DIY stuff to make my life a little easier.
Any ways I had a great experience. I asked him why he don't post up any builds on hardline? He told me he did in the past but got no love. ( feed back or business from his post and moved on )
They do some awesome fab and tech could be a good addition, sometimes I feel we are lacking in that department around here.
So what's the story? Did they change owners? I'm just trying to stay in the loop.
Thanks.

Re: Why no love for BTF?

Can't comment on the no love, but I like their stuff and their customer service has always been good. I've never had any issues with their products, and my rig is covered in their stuff.

I was there yesterday too. Peter is a good guy. He's always interested in what I'm working on even if it's not a top notch build. Any time I have tried talking to Jason, he acts like he has better things to do.

Some of my parts were wrong yesterday so I called once I got them opened up at the shop. She put the correct parts in the mail yesterday so I wouldn't have to drive back to Birmingham.

It must have been peter I talked to. The first time I went in I asked if they had anything worth looking at in the shop. He blew me off. (Jason)
They left a piece out of my bomb pan diy kit she said she would mail it but I'll just swing by.

Edit. It wasn't Peter, it was James. thumb.gif

Always good people...
Two of my brothers from other mothers work there. James Schofield took me in as family when I worked there in Dothan and has always been good to me, I get a bunch of parts and misc stuff.
I too wonder why they don't post :dunno:

I go tour the shop and pillage thru parts but not as frequently as I'd like to.

Getting parts for the next build from them this year.

I've never dealt directly with Blue Torch but Peter is a helluva guy. I been giving him **** for years and plan to continue doing it..... :****:

I keep them in my sig! Peter is a good buddy of mine! Btf has been around for a long time and has changed hands 4-5 times but they still have a lot of great products!

My buddy and I have both been buying stuff from there for the past couple years. Never had any complaints, always liked talking to the girl on the phone. Girls with southern accents that have even the slightest knowledge of wheeling parts are what dreams are made of up here in Ohio.

Thanks for stopping by Ed! We have undergone a few changes in the past year . That being said BTF isn't going anywhere and are striving to bring back the weekend warrior products that locals and your normal wheelers use. We have been working pretty hard on focusing on our core products and gearing up for this next year. Be sure to let me know if you guys need anything .

James Schofield

Bluetorch Fab said:
Thanks for stopping by Ed! We have undergone a few changes in the past year . That being said BTF isn't going anywhere and are striving to bring back the weekend warrior products that locals and your normal wheelers use. We have been working pretty hard on focusing on our core products and gearing up for this next year. Be sure to let me know if you guys need anything .

James Schofield

Welcome to Hardline, great having y'all here.

I ordered my ram mounts/dring mounts from them about a month ago. Had my parts the next day. Super nice people to deal with when I called. I'll definitely send my business there way as I need more parts. I've often wondered the same about why they never post up in the vendor section.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them an send my buddy's there as well. Very fast shipping an one of the items I have ordered was out of stock they called an asked if I wanted a refund or wait on the part I chose to wait. it was at my door a week later.

We're are they located now? I haven't been there since Dan was there. They still in birminghood?

wannabe said:
We're are they located now? I haven't been there since Dan was there. They still in birminghood?

It's still in Bham. Not a bad place to go if Jason isn't there.

We are located in Birmingham near the Sloss furnace . We have had some issues in the past with shipping and promising out of stock orders to customers at certain times. We have since corrected a handful of the issues that were causing the problems (all which were internal )and have been moving forward with the day to day sales and doing our best at providing the best customer service we can . We don't try and sell you the 200K buggy builds when all you have is a question about how a part will work on your project. I have been here at BTF through 3 owners and must say that the way things are headed we are looking better than ever.

thanks

james

I went by there a couple years ago needing some tabs, brackets, etc. walk in the office, the only one in there was the girl, she said can I help you, I said, any of the guys around so I can get some things? she was like tell me what you need, I was like ****! going to have to sit here and explain every little detail to her, what does she know about this stuff! Boy was I wrong! that woman knows more about rigs and what it takes to build them, than most guys I know! needless to say, I apologized to her and she laughed and said that happens daily to her!

zukimaster said:
I went by there a couple years ago needing some tabs, brackets, etc. walk in the office, the only one in there was the girl, she said can I help you, I said, any of the guys around so I can get some things? she was like tell me what you need, I was like ****! going to have to sit here and explain every little detail to her, what does she know about this stuff! Boy was I wrong! that woman knows more about rigs and what it takes to build them, than most guys I know! needless to say, I apologized to her and she laughed and said that happens daily to her!

I don't think she works there anymore. The one that did know every part number and detail now does pottery and hand made plates. Only reason I know is my wife has them in her store and me and her had this look like I know you do you know me. Second time she came in the store I had on a madram shirt and we figured it out. Not saying whoever works there now doesn't know what they are doing. I just hadn't needed any parts in the last year or so.