• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blue's Redux...

Couple things to add...

Thanks to Kevin (JPRCRPR) for the spark resistant masking paper. Made life much easier stripping the cab oh and the beer. :beer: For those that haven't met this dude yet, he's good people. You and your family (fiance and dog) are welcome at my place anytime.

And if I didn't say it already Anthony and Clark for the deals on the tube. With out those deals I couldn't have afforded to buy all the tube that is making this build work.

Also Dustin (mr250twostroke) all around nice dude and he's going to let me borrow his bender in exchange for the 1.75" die I bought.

like I said before, this will be slow going but it'll get done. Reiter may be closed up before the build is done but fawk it I'll wheel the moon if thats all thats left. :awesomework:

Yeah, despite my warnings Nick didn't learn from my past mistakes (trying to bite off too much on a project and never finishing). :redneck: It's going to be a lot of work and probably a lot of trail and error with the suspension, but it should be worth it in the end.

Got a day off on Wednesday, going to get the some gas for the welder and get some work one to the frame, get it all ready for the drivetrain to go in and ready for tube work.

You also didn't post any pics of how it was, when it was working, before a simple rewire turned into a total rebuild. :fawkdancesmiley:

P1040181.jpg

Have fun Nick.:cheer: Looks a bit differant from when I saw it in your shop.:eeek: Hopefully it dosent take as long as mine has :booo:

Cool to see something different built...:awesomework: or at least in the build stage...:haha:

Got the frame all plated today, its a good thing I did because Nick got a little grinder happy in a few spots. :fawkdancesmiley: The inside of the frame was plated with .120x4" flatstock, so now we have a nice clean and solid frame to work with. So now the cab is ready to go back on and hopefully by the end of the month we will have the bender and we will start bending tube!

One of the cut plates...
P1060748.jpg

All clamped on and ready to weld up...
P1060749.jpg

One of the spots Nick got a little grinder happy, need to patch all this up still...
P1060751.jpg

Half way welded on...
P1060754.jpg

Flipped the frame and welded the rest...
P1060756.jpg

Done and painted, Nick we need to get some black paint, all I had was white and Smurf blue. :redneck:
P1060763.jpg

Ready for the next step...
P1060761.jpg

Looks like your on the right track with it now.Hey you still have my vid thet I left at your house a few years back when I came up there?

Looks like your on the right track with it now.Hey you still have my vid thet I left at your house a few years back when I came up there?
Yeah, I sure do. I've got it sitting with my other wheeling videos but it sticks out like a sore thumb...its so big, square and black not sure what it was designed to play in. I can't get it to fit in my DVD player. :redneck:

Just make sure the neighbors aren't pouring water in your fuel cell any more :haha:

Can't wait to see the progress on this:corn:

Yeah, I think I'm safe now. I moved to puyallup and most of my neighbors think the truck is cool so hopefully I wont have that problem again. :haha:

Beer!!!!!!!!!!! Pbr!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where at?!!!???!!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::awesomework::beer::beer::beer::redneck::beer::beer::beer: