• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BooneDocker (rebuilding the black diamond)

Well some goodies finally came in the mail! Besides this I got the ARP studs for the knuckles and hubs. They will go in when it all goes together. For now I just rolled tires up and measured to get an idea of where theyll be.

IMG_0210.jpg

Got the new front hanger in. I cut out the old one and french it in so it raises the front of the springs up some. Im going to build new body mounts off the sides of it and also run some extra bracing behind and underneath it. If I can get the money im goin to get a FROR front bumper for it too and make that work on the front.

IMG_0197.jpg

Here it is all hung and tacked in. Once I get the third and longs from FROR I will put it all together. For now though I just rebuilt the outter knuckles and spindles put my new vented rotors on too.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

I like your build. It takes patience and knowledge to bother about frenching everything and making things look flush and clean. :awesomework:

Why are you wanting an Atlas? I know they are badass, but you aren't running an LS1 or anything... :D I figure if I had a decent dual-case setup, no need for big-iron!

What did the diamond axle run you? You can order it in all different measurements?

nice, i've been considering frenching in the spring hanger as well. how is your pitman arm clearance with the leaf spring? looks good!:awesomework:

nice, i've been considering frenching in the spring hanger as well. how is your pitman arm clearance with the leaf spring? looks good!:awesomework:

Ya know I dont remember really looking, but I know I rotated my box up so that it the arm was huggin the frame, but left enough room that if I needed more clearance I can throw on a flat pitman arm. Ill get a good pic this weeken to check it out.

I like your build. It takes patience and knowledge to bother about frenching everything and making things look flush and clean. :awesomework:

Why are you wanting an Atlas? I know they are badass, but you aren't running an LS1 or anything... :D I figure if I had a decent dual-case setup, no need for big-iron!

What did the diamond axle run you? You can order it in all different measurements?

Well I have this thing about building things right the first time. Its the machinist in me. I like being precise clean and all that and it erks me when I dont have all the tools or the best parts always. Atlas because my friend has one and the ability for front digs and what not, but I have looked at marlins rear disconnect toy case and im pretty sure I can make one too. Who knows mabey by next year youll see one in my rig.

The diamond ran $900 for the base one, I added the blinging fill cap on the top and the upgraded knuckle gussets on so the brings the total right over a grand. Its a sweet axle for sure. I went with 63 wms which from what ive seen is kinda in between for what guys run. I had him move the third over a couple inches which he recomends so you can put your spring perch righ next to it and not have to worry about the hosing being in the way. Brian at FROR is a cool guy. Great to talk to knows his stuff. You can order the axle in bascially any measurement you want. He said hes had one guy build a toy axle at 69 wms which is huge. If you want longs he works with Bobby to get the inner shaft made to the right length so you dont have to worry about that.

As soon as I get some more money im goin to get one for the rear too. I love the stance to much now and with it as low as it is. Just looks mean.

Just a few updates right now. Got my longfield axles and hub gears, arp studs, tundra/t100 third and all my goodies for the front. My buddy and I got it put together last night and it looks sick! I cant wait for the rear to get here so I can get it done. Tcases are done just need paint. Tranny and motor are getting cleaned up this weekend. Picked up a cam for 50 buck from a friend. Still need to finish up the front crossmember and build a front bumper. Ill get some pics of everything this weekend when I get home so you guys can see some progress.

Here come the pics.

Got the hubs rebuilt with the new longfield hub gears. Definitely blingin pieces of metal. Only bad part is nobody get to see them while there in there.

IMG_0225.jpg

In with the Longfield axles next.

IMG_0227.jpg

All buttoned up with tires on.

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Here are my poser flex shots. There is no bed, motor, tranny or tcases in.

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

I have to rework the shackle up front or find a little longer spring. I think that will help out quite a bit. Also if I use those rears up front they definitely need some more leafs in them. My steering box needs moved forward...alot...again. So im thinkin ill find a fj60/80 forward swing box and mount it up. With the spring hanger french up so high in the front of the frame I thought there might be a problem with the spring contacting the nut on the steering box that hold the pitman arm on. With the front spring flat it clears by an inch though.

Well let me know what you guys think. Still got a way to go but its getting there. Any ideas on how to get some more flex? Im thinkin a little longer spring in the front. That will help with shackle too. Hows my rear looking? The rear axle has been ordered and should be here in a couple weeks. After thats all in then I will start on the flat bed. Other than that just need to finish up the front crossmember build a bumper and get it back together. Dunno what a good number should be for this but I measured 24.5 inches to the lowest spot on the lifted tire.

Last edited:
Ya the fenders are goin to get cut. Shouldnt have to cut much with the way things are right now... but ive been tossing round the idea of 42's. Im goin to borrow my friends since there off his buggy right now and see how they look.

Looks good man. Glad you were able to stop in last night. Can't wait to do a little snow wheeling in a few weeks. I gotta get the tacoma ready so that maybe I can convince Angela to drive her own truck this year and I can wheel the buggy. Did I read right that you ordered a rear diamond. Your sick you know that sick. I hope I get to come out and see that thing wheel when I get back from Thanksgiving. Drew and I will come out and do a little wheeling around your house.

Small update. I pulled my 22re out of my old runner along with the wiring harness and started stripping it all down so I can make a stand alone to run the motor in my truck. Hopefully I can find the problem that was plaugin the runner before it died. I hate wiring, but im learning alot by staring at the wiring diagram and playing with the harness. Other things, almost have the front bumper all drawn up and as soon as that is done ill have my buddy plasma out all the parts and ill get it together. Then its just the flat bed to worry about really. Last bud not least got some 42's ordered up. Took my buddies that he had off his buggy and tried them out. Fit good and clear easily. There IROKs and im lookin forward to runnin them in the snow this year. Well thats it for now ill let you guys know more when I get it done and hopefully it will be running by next weekend.

:cool: thats going to look good on 42's, are those 37's? and how much hacking are you going to have to do to clear the 42's

yep those are 37 toyos on there right now. I wont have to do any hacking really at all. Just need to trim the front of the fender a little and part of the front core support under the headlight. Other than that they fit great with the wider axle moved forward.

that tundra diff will do well against the 42's. nice. damn this build is like everything i WANT to do... but wont due to monetary restrictions, hahaha. yes, a longer spring will help you out up front. the rear looks good. the shackle lays out pretty nice. you probably want to stop it right there and let the other side (droop) do the rest of the work thereafter. itll flex even better when you have the bed and guts in it. ...oh yea and the unsprung weight of 42's :cool:

nice man. I'm stoked to see those 42's on there. Just to letting you use the tires I want to see a picture. Post up boy.

Well here are my new tires! 42 IROKS. Im really likin they way they look. There goin to be my snow tire and I think there goin to do awsome. Im hoping after chirstmas to get some staun internal beadlocks for them.

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Also my rear diamond, shafts, and third showed up today. Soon as I get a little money I will get the new bearings seals etc for them and slap that all together. Ill get pics next time im home.

Other plans, im looking for a newer 3.4 tacoma v6 with a manual tranny low mileage so if anyone sees one let me know about it. Progress will be slow. Our place sold because of the parents divorce so I dont have a shop to work in or a place to put the rig anymore. Thats bout it for now more updates as they come.

Yep there chromo's from Moiser. That who Brian at FROR gets his shafts for the Full Float kit from. There will be some pics of them when I get the axle done.