• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BooneDocker (rebuilding the black diamond)

Progess is slow but I will have pics of the rear axle all done here soon. Got one side put together tonight goin to do the otherside tomorrow. It has all the goods in it too arp hub studs, longfield hub gears, Full Float and the tundra third.

Man i fawking love this thing!!! Those 42s are fawkin gettin it:cool: Keep the pics coming I'm getting alot of good ideas:corn: I love the build so far!

How much do you think you will have into this thing when its all said and done??? You have alot of nice parts going into this thing! I like your style:cheer: Doing things right the first time I really respect that!!

Good looking so far keep up the great work:D

Well got the rear axle done. First pic is of my spindles. If you notice the one on the right the casting is taller than the one on the left, so when I went to put it in the housing it didnt sit flush. I just ground it down a little and it was good. Just something for others to watch for.

IMG_0347.jpg

Sexy shafts

IMG_0352.jpg

Axle and Diff

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Right side done

IMG_0359.jpg

All done with wheels on

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, they have a girdle that bridges between the bearings. Thats why the diamonds are shaped a little differet. As far as I know its the second strongest diff toyota has. The next up after these are the landcruiser 9.25 i think. These are the same diffs that team slowspeed ran in competion on there toy based buggy, so I know theyll take some abuse.

Last edited:
Not much new right now but there will be. Got my 3rds sold, my dual cases sold, and my tranny sold. So that money is going into a new r151 and dual ultimate 23 spline r10 crawler with all the goodies. Still looking for a motor but that will be a little bit still. Other than that nothing has changed.

Not much new right now but there will be. Got my 3rds sold, my dual cases sold, and my tranny sold. So that money is going into a new r151 and dual ultimate 23 spline r10 crawler with all the goodies. Still looking for a motor but that will be a little bit still. Other than that nothing has changed.

sounds sweet, man. wish i had the 23 splines all through my junk.. but we'll see if i can even break the 21 spline. your rig is gonna be apeshit. are you gonna throw the bed back on and keep it full bodied style, or do something crazy with the ass end?:beer:

Its going to have a custom tube flat bed that I will build. I got it mostly drawn up in soliworks right now. When I get solidworks put back on my computer ill see I can get a picture of it put up. Should have a toolbox sunk into it somewhere, the shocks will mount to it and will have a spare tire mount, highlift mount, shovel mount, and jerry can mounts. Ill be doin the tube bed and a removeable exo after that.

Its going to have a custom tube flat bed that I will build. I got it mostly drawn up in soliworks right now. When I get solidworks put back on my computer ill see I can get a picture of it put up. Should have a toolbox sunk into it somewhere, the shocks will mount to it and will have a spare tire mount, highlift mount, shovel mount, and jerry can mounts. Ill be doin the tube bed and a removeable exo after that.

sounds sweet. removable exo??:eeek: enlighten me.:awesomework:

Pretty much ill use a coulpe of tube clamps from summitmachine or somewhere else put them at a couple places so that I can just undo a few of them and the exo from the back of the cab forward will come off in case I dont want to pack around alot of weight for a trip or something like that.

Quick update. Picked up a good r151 tranny with bellhousing and 23 spline tcase for 400 bucks :011: Ill have some picks of that soon. Been sitting on the fence about either the 3.4 or putting a 4.3 in instead. What do you guys think? Im also thinking of putting in a atlas 4spd tcase instead of a marlin setup. Also im going to get some stazworks rims made up. I want some 15x14 rims for the snow and the stauns wont work for that so ill have some brand new mickey thompson 15x10 for sale here soon. Well thats all for now.

More updates got a 4.3 vortec coming and I was also lucky enough to win the trailgear 4 link giveaway on pirate so it will be getting linked soon. I will have pics as soon as everything arives.

Here are some pics of new parts. First up is the 4.3 I picked up from Muchado on the pirate board. Got it with a fresh rebuild 0 miles with sanderson headers howe computer and harness.
IMG_0807.jpg

Next up is my r151 and 23spline tcase I picked up for 400 bucks. :fawkdancesmiley: With this I plan on running a 4spd atlas behind it. AA does not make an adapter to do this so this is the plan and from what ive read it should work. Im going to pick up a bad r150 and use the tailhousing off of it and put it on the r151. All the internals are the same on r series trannies so from what I have gathered all I need to do is swap the shift rails. The best new is that AA does make an adapter to run the r150 to the atlas so ill let everyone know how this conversion goes when I pick up the other tranny.
IMG_0805.jpg

I won the Trailgear Link giveaway on pirate to. It came and I just got it mocked up into place for now.
IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Last edited: