• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BooneDocker (rebuilding the black diamond)

:D Thanks I thought it was a decent pinion angle myself, I had to roll the truck back and the ubolts arnt tight so it just rotated back with it.

Little update got my advanced adapters chevy to r series tranny bellhousing and a couple of my clutch parts from centerforce. Waiting on the pressure plate and slave cylider from AA so I can put it all together and sling the motor in the truck with the tranny and tcase. Pictures to come soon

If you want to put an atlas behind that trans get the tailhousing and shifter setup/rails off of a ax-15 and the atlas will bolt in behind it perfectly..

Whoa been a while since ive updated this so here goes

Got the fenders trimmed real quick last night. Its freezing ass cold and there is no propane for the heater in the shop. Also got my e-brake from Sky really nice piece in my opinion.

CIMG0044.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

Got some work done tonight and some more parts to show off.

Here is the radiator that im going to use. Its a summit racing 22x19x2.25 Cross Flow Dual Row part#SUM-380324. Got it for 170 shipped to my door. Its the perfect radiator for any toyota conversion because even though its listed as being bigger than a stock radiator it is the same size. Just weld some tabs on the side and bolt it in in the stock location.

CIMG0046.jpg

CIMG0056.jpg

Got the motor mounts done and all tacked into place. Just need to make some small pieces to brace it up and finish weld it. I know that its cocked to the driver side a little. This is due to positioning the headers and to bring it over just a little from the center section. Its a tight fit but I think I got it right where it needs to be.

CIMG0047.jpg

CIMG0048.jpg

CIMG0051.jpg

CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0050.jpg

I also got my front axle set where I want it. It has 7* of caster and the pinion points almost right at the tcase. When I get my duals in there it should be perfect. Just need to get the steering box mounted and extend my tierod and drag link and the steering will be done too.

Pics are here!

Sexy new shocks

CIMG0203.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

Mounted with my new Crown Performance Brake Lines

CIMG0212.jpg

Got my steering links extended and the steering box mounted. Just need to clearance the frame for the pitman arm.

CIMG0222.jpg

CIMG0221.jpg

CIMG0245.jpg

CIMG0243.jpg

Here is the steering shaft and rag joint clearance...its tight but it clears

CIMG0214.jpg

CIMG0213.jpg

Mounted my fuel filter and pump on top of the frame rail under the cab.

CIMG0208.jpg

Well here is the culprit of the motor not running yet. 5 out of 6 of the injectors are bad and all gummed up. Did a little research and found out this is the old style where the actuall injector is up in the plastic body and when it fires it send fuel down throw the plastic tube out out the poppet valve that goes into the manifold. Chevy updated this style and made it so the injector fires directly into the intake instead of having it go through that poppet valve. Here is the part number if anyone is interested. gm part#12568332 I found them for 180 buck online for the brand new set.

CIMG0224.jpg

So what happens when you get ready to take your truck out on its maiden run down the road and you go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be....well you miss one very important bolt and hit a tree. I forgot the bolt that holds the steering shaft on the steering box. I dont think ive ever felt so dumb for something in my life. The aftermath was I bent the front right part of the frame down and broke a wheel. The good news is its all fixed straightened and plated and I have new rims and stauns that I had just got. So all in all it wasnt the end of the world and my pride got hurt more than anything. Here are a few pics. I need to take some of the plating and new front crossmember.

You can see where it bent the front down and cracked the frame and also where it caved a little.

CIMG0265.jpg

CIMG0266.jpg

CIMG0268.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

Here is the new bling and I got the broken rims changed out for the new 15x12 and staun. The tire mounted on a 15x10 is on the left and the 15x12 on the right.

CIMG0278.jpg

CIMG0279.jpg

Well quick update. I got a bunch of steel for the truck. Ordered up 200ft of 1.5 dom and 100 feet of 2.0 dom Ill use both for sliders, cage, and the bed. I got the new front crossmember done and the truck sitting on all fours again. Mounted up my 15x12's and the stauns. Ill try to remember to grab the camera and get some new pics next time I head out there. Here is a screen shot of the bed so far. Its only one size of tube but ill go back and change all the sizes when its all done.

TubeBed.jpg

Here are some more updates.

New autometer gauges and a mount I made up for them

CIMG0292.jpg

Here is the new front crossmember I built since the trail poop one got destroyed when I hit the tree. Also a picture of the new stance with the 15x12s mounted up.

CIMG0293.jpg

CIMG0285.jpg

CIMG0289.jpg

Here is the start on the bed. Got the two main hoops done. There 2 inch dom.

CIMG0296.jpg

CIMG0295.jpg

CIMG0297.jpg

Well money is coming so I will be getting some dual transer cases here soon, along with a welder and some tools so progress should start back up again here soon!

All the new updates go back a page or two so check them out.

The new name for the rig is the Snowdemon too

Last edited:
damn that sucks about the crash...:rolleyes:

sik rig tho, lovin the 42's:cool: and the low stance

tube work looks good, are you doing an exo over the cab, dov'n the front?

damn that sucks about the crash...:rolleyes:

sik rig tho, lovin the 42's:cool: and the low stance

tube work looks good, are you doing an exo over the cab, dov'n the front?

Ya crash was retarded I still feel stupid for missing that :mad:, but its all fixed up and good to do again. I love the stance too with those tires. Low and wide is what I was shooting for and I dont think I could have done it any better. Thanks for the compliments on the tube work. It was the first time ive bent tube. 13 bends on several planes and only 2 mistakes. Thank god for bendtech! Im thinking of doing some sort of exo for the front but im picky about how those look so I might make it removable. No way in hell will I dove the front I hate that look :puke:

Finally a real update here is what I just picked up to start working on the truck again. Should get it in 2 weeks. Its a millermatic 350p that is in awsome shape!

welder2.jpg

welder.jpg

Are the pics out of order? I thought it was linked in the rear but the last pics with the tube work its still on leafs. Sick truck thou Im hoping mine has the same stance when im done.