• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boonie's Build of Debauchery

I'm gonna need to do some trimming...

2012-07-22_09-31-34_195.jpg

Rim's brand new? $329.00 each, 15x8, backspasing 3.63in. Got the catalog right here.( The wife ses HE-- NO!!) how much ya shell for them used?

Screw you B#rdBrain! :kissmyass::redneck:

So I finally got to do some work on the front axle. Put the 3rd member in, E-locker motor didn't go in, I want to make sure it's in the right position before shoving it into it's home. Got the knuckles on and Bobby's wipers installed.

Gearmo showed up to inspect the progress.

3rd in and Knuckles on!

Random Shot of some parts... My Dislexia is kicking in and I want to say that the Tacoma Brake mount replaces the brake backing plate/rock ring/etc. So the spindle mounts directly to the knuckle and then the taco brake mount over top of that...? :eeek:

More Toyota Diarrhea.

10 months and all you have to show us is... 4 pictures? :fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:

Sorry man, life happens sometimes... :wtf:

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels! I love 'em! I am going to pull them apart though and have them properly balanced. The BB's weren't cutting it with so much weight that this combo carries when I test drove it. :mad:

Last edited:
Got the wheel hubs ground down in record time and I think they turned out well.

For those that have these styles of wheel hubs and want to do the Tacoma brake swap. I used a cutting disc, which I am really impressed with this brand/style, the Dewalt XP:

I did all the cutting with this one disc and this is all the material it took off the disc:

So I found that an initial cut just outside where the wheel stud "shoulder" is was just enough material to get the brake rotors to clear and not a hair more. This is looking at the backside of the wheel hub.

So to add to my stupidity. I blindly bought wheel studs a year ago with my tacoma brake rotor mounts from FROR, it's what they say to buy when doing this swap... They're 1/2-20 threads and longer than stock. Factory toyota (as my internet research tells me) is that they're M12-1.5 thread pitch. Well, my problems start with them being the wrong thread pitch for my lug nuts. Second, they're too long even if I bought new lug nuts (which is not even a consideration, since I would then have two different style lug nuts on the same truck, plus they're wheel specific...) Figure that the lug nut would be about an 1/8" off the rotor when the wheel is mounted. The lug nut would bottom out before it was tight.

Back side of wheel with lug nut through it for visual.

Thread compared to the toyota rear axle.

So I'm not sure why FROR sells studs that don't match the trucks that their taco brakes mounts are going on, Maybe I'm missing something... :confused: I emailed them. :D