• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought a buggy got the HOSE!!!

jcox1214

Opinion: 9,500 dollar buggy, advertised sbc,th350,203/205 doubler , coilovers, 60 front , 14 bolt rear. 513 gears, detroit lockers. First buggy excited buyer (me). Drive 4 hours informed buggy only needs tuned and seats mounted. Initial first look: awesome something to work with. Not expecting perfect but good parts to work with. I stated i can tune and mount seats no problem!!

Seller drives on trailer for me, running very rich (holley proinjection way out of wack "no biggy")

Bought drug home and begun the nightmare. After closer inspection in the shop lights realized the tube work had been chopped and raised with piece work welding ( no slugs) on the roll cage. Very dangerous. All link mounts twisted out of wack and bushings completely gone. Again no biggie not a perfect buggy i get it what i paid for. Rear truss was bubble gum welded like one good bump of throttle and this thing is flying off. After attempting tuning realized the fuel cell was steel and rusting from the inside all fuel lines and filters full of rust and causing issues with the way it ran. No big deal new fuel cell,filters, plugs, oil change. Followed tune instructions with no avail. Missing idle air control it was there just push rod gone. Problem!! Fixed, checked fuel pressure it is good, however the "new" injectors are over dumping something up. Again, i own all of the above this is my fault for the excitement of my first buggy not allowing me to clearly check these things out.

Stopped on motor scheduling for a pro shop to help with adjustment (reality i purchased a Fitech injection self tune should be here soon hopefully the motor is good enough to deserve it)

Show stopper, axles with 5.13 gears and detroits heck of a setup and worth some coin to make me feel better about my purchase. NOPE- drained the quart of water out of the front diff to find locker,,,,NO a welded front end and 4.10 gears. Seller/buyer trade exchange messages. Asking for some help with the axle parts to make this deal right. Seller shared original ad he purchased buggy from and it was for cheaper than what was sold to me. Seller stated working on the gears and lockers for me. Week goes by with text messages from me and no responses. Cold shoulder approached. Today's youth has no dignity towards what they are selling. I will mention this seller is still selling things today, and i know of another buggy in these very forums. Just thoughts, am i over reacting and i should've pulled the diffs from the sell ??

Not gonna lie, if someone tells me a buggy I'm buying from them has x.xx gears, I would probably take their word for it. Not cool.

It isn't the misbehavin buggy is it? Ha!

Man, that sucks that you got the hose. The fuel cell rust issue and stuff you kinda have to eat. That is something you could reasonably have seen. The axles are unacceptable. That is pure crap. Dude should make it right. I understand that he may not have known, but that is how he should have disclosed it. "I was told it had lockers and 5.13's". That would have been a cue for you to either insist on inspecting or take an informed gamble.

It seems like you learned one important lesson...never buy anything like this at night. There is no replacement for daylight to look something over. I learned this one the hard way as well.

As far as the dude still selling crap on here, if you don't want to publish his name until you resolve the situation or burn bridges, I understand that. But, I think you should make the community aware of his practices so they can make informed transactions with him. Please PM me his name so I can avoid him altogether. I won't disclose who it is. Thanks.

Sorry you got hosed.

I want to be clear it was daylight, but blinded by the buggy excitement and very distracted. Always hate buying crap never been good at deals and i'm too trustworthy!

I'd be ****in pissed. A lie is a lie. An accidental misinform should be made right. I sell a lot of **** on here and I try my damnedest to make any unhappy customer happy. He should've verified what he had before he listed it. Not pass the ****in on to someone else. I damn sure wouldn't quit communicating with the buyer. No ****in integrity.

jcox1214 said:
I want to be clear it was daylight, but blinded by the buggy excitement and very distracted. Always hate buying crap never been good at deals and i'm too trustworthy!

My apologies. I interpreted the closer inspection under shop lights to mean it was dark when you picked it up. Sorry for my bad assumption. My opinion still stands...you should disclose who the seller is so that others can be informed. That is what I would do.

I had the same thing happen to me on my axles when I bought my rig. Was told it had 5.29 gears ,Detroit locker front, and spool in back. In reality, it had 4.10 welded. Luckily, I bought the thing "right", and it made my great deal just OK , but felt like I had been screwed over. I hate a liar and thief :gtfo:

If I can't see physical proof I consider everything stock no matter what the guy selling it says, then make my offer according to that. A few zig zags around a parking lot would have indicated welded diffs and not Detroits, and 5;13s feel different than 4;10s. Maybe dude didn't know what he had, and him paying less than he sold it for doesn't affect anything. I'm sure most people will want to Lynch the seller, but I say the buyer should view this as a life lesson and start test driving and looking over any vehicle before buying it.