• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought a buggy got the HOSE!!!

Re: Re: Bought a buggy got the HOSE!!!

AdamF said:
If I can't see physical proof I consider everything stock no matter what the guy selling it says, then make my offer according to that. A few zig zags around a parking lot would have indicated welded diffs and not Detroits, and 5;13s feel different than 4;10s. Maybe dude didn't know what he had, and him paying less than he sold it for doesn't affect anything. I'm sure most people will want to Lynch the seller, but I say the buyer should view this as a life lesson and start test driving and looking over any vehicle before buying it.
Agreed.

Lying about what parts are in a rig is bullshit, but some people just don't know and don't have the aptitude to find out/confirm before selling a rig.

AdamF said:
If I can't see physical proof I consider everything stock no matter what the guy selling it says, then make my offer according to that. A few zig zags around a parking lot would have indicated welded diffs and not Detroits, and 5;13s feel different than 4;10s. Maybe dude didn't know what he had, and him paying less than he sold it for doesn't affect anything. I'm sure most people will want to Lynch the seller, but I say the buyer should view this as a life lesson and start test driving and looking over any vehicle before buying it.
i would agree to all this, my life lesson is learned you can't trust people. Remember this thing wasn't running right and the seats weren't mounted so driving not happening. Price was negotiated down and with the right axles made the deal right I'm just saying. Even if the seller didn't know what was in there he should still make the deal right. Just a bad situation and the egg is on my face for sure. Just know it can happen again to anyone on here!

Hate to hear this. I know what your saying though. The detroits and gears kinda kept the deal still ok but, once you seen that it didn`t have them it was like dammit man. Always good to take a friend that has an eye for this stuff with you as well to help with the tunnel vision you can sometimes get when buying a new toy. Somebody to keep you thinking level headed and pointing out the bad while all your seeing is the good. Ned to do us all a favor and post up the seller to be honest. If he`ll do this to you he`ll do it to another hardline member as well. Even if he didn`t know about the gears he should make this right. He advertised it as having them so that should be on him. The rest of it sadly is kinda on you for having that new buggy tunnel vision. Good luck with getting it fixed.

bad80cj said:
It took me just a second and I realized how shitty that thing is welded

Guys, that diff looks like gold compared to a pair I got took on 4.88s turned into 4.10s, chromolys weren't, and there were BOLTS floating around in the bottom of the housings where there stick welded diffs failed... Every single person that saw them said they were the most :JRich: rigged thing they had ever seen

Seller needs to make it right on the axles. The rest is on you and it sounds like you've owned it so you're a stand up guy IMO. We've all been there, excited over some **** and then realize later we ****ed up. I don't care if the seller made an honest mistake, it's on him to verify what he is selling unless he just likes to gamble with his word, and around here your word is worth a lot. This is too small of a community.

Here is the original sales ad he sent me from who he purchased it from. Mind you he only had it a few months and his asking price started out at 12, i bought for 9500 he paid less. I just asked for the difference and do the right thing.

jcox1214 said:
Here is the original sales ad he sent me from who he purchased it from. Mind you he only had it a few months and his asking price started out at 12, i bought for 9500 he paid less. I just asked for the difference and do the right thing.

How did the seller go from that to stating both axles had Detroit lockers and 5.13 gears? The way that reads only the rear has the Detroit and it doesn't state anything about gearing.

Also, I'd be checking out those "chromoly" axle shafts.

The seller told me in person they were 5.13's and in text both axles detroit. He did offer up the original sellers phone number, but that is not how you do buisness. At least how I was raised. The shafts are 35 spline and stamped 4340!

jcox1214 said:
The seller told me in person they were 5.13's and in text both axles detroit. He did offer up the original sellers phone number, but that is not how you do buisness. At least how I was raised. The shafts are 35 spline and stamped 4340!

That's horseshit, I'd be posting his handle on here so we all know who to avoid in the seller section. That's mickey mouse bush league to put it off on original seller.

Now I want to know who this guy is! Every single vehicle I've ever purchased/sold, I personally inspect the gears and take photos of the tooth count stamped in the ring gear. (when applicable) I've been taken before on gears also, not fun. Five minutes can tell you everything you need to know about someone and their rig they are selling, just pop the diff covers. I know it's hindsight, but I bet you do it from here on. Good luck on the repairs and getting the seller to own up.

Re:

Good to see some remorse from the guy. Too many folks nowadays act like billybadass and don't care how they're perceived.

I know how I'd handle the situation....but I'll reserve my comments. It wouldn't benefit this thread any.

As someone shopping for a budget buggy I'd like to know who this seller is!! U get what you pay for but on a deal like this that kind of "mistake" can mean the difference between a good deal and a nightmare.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Good to see some remorse from the guy. Too many folks nowadays act like billybadass and don't care how they're perceived.

I know how I'd handle the situation....but I'll reserve my comments. It wouldn't benefit this thread any.

Yep, that was last friday thought i had a chance. No messages since then!

Yeah, passing the buck to the guy he bought it from is crap. It kills me that he made money on the deal. He should at least pony that up. Or buy it back...

creepycrawly said:
Yeah, passing the buck to the guy he bought it from is crap. It kills me that he made money on the deal. He should at least pony that up. Or buy it back...

I always try to put myself in someone else's shoes in a situation like this. It sounds like this was an honest ****up by the seller, just passing along info he thought to be correct. At least I hope that's the case. I'd be offering to pay for the parts I represented as true and correct and it would be on the buyer to install. That way both parties have some skin in the game. This would be a fair resolution IMO.