• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bowhunters?

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Any other bowhunters out there? What ya shooting with? What game are ya after?

I am using an older Oregon bow:awesomework: I'm pretty sure the thing is still putting out FPS numbers comparable to today's bows:cool:

I will get a pic up later.

I haven't been in aobut 4-5 years, planning on going for the usual, deer, elk, bear, cougar.:awesomework:

I was pretty into it from about 11 to 18 or so - mainly just deer and elk, although I killed a couple coyotes and a few grouse for impromptu dinners. Then college, wife, kids, etc. I sold my old Darton a long time ago, but I've been seriously thinking about getting another bow some time soon. I doubt I can hunt this year, but maybe I'll look for a decent deal at the end of the season and start acquiring gear for next year.

A good friend of mine has been in prison for the past 6 years and has decided that since gun ownership is a problem for felons, he wants to take up bowhunting when he gets out next year :redneck: Gives me a good excuse to pick it back up too :awesomework:

I've been thinking about getting into it for awhile now. I rifle hunt now because my dad cant get around like he used to and doesn't have the patience for bow hunting. The thought of a longer season, calling in a angry bull Elk to bow range sounds just too damn exciting!

Ever checked out this website? www.myhuntandfishspace.com
It is kind of like Myspace, but is for people that hunt/fish. My Page on there.:redneck:

Yes, I am a "String Twanger".........

I love to sneak up to weary pray and fling a pointy sticks at them from so close, i can count the ticks on there back.....

I have bee bow hunting for 10 years now. I stopped rifle hunting because of all the big crowds, especially opening weekend at "Little Naches" and on the "Vail Tree Farm". It's a pumpkin patch were ever you go.

My family is now in to hunting so i rifle hunt for deer with my family (wife, son, and daughter) (my daughter got her first deer last season). My son started hunting with a bow last year for elk with me, it's nice having him in "elk camp"

I met "Zukkev" last year (gave him a beer, a bunch of BS) bow hunting in the "half way flats area" and hope to see him in camp this year with a bottle of "Jack Daniels" for me (just kidding).

A few years back after my mom died i took what little money was left over after paying all her bills and bought me a "Hoyt Ultra Sport Bow" (kinda of a remembrance to my mom and her love of the outdoor).

I shot an elk the first year i hunted elk with a bow and have not shot one sense. For me it's not the bagging of a game animal but the experience of the hunt and the people i share it with (and being away from the wife).

I highly recommend bow hunting to any one that likes a challenge (less crowds) and getting closer to nature.:awesomework:

Hey Kev,
See you on the hunt...
:beer:

Ya, I have not gotten anything, partly why i stopped hunting and college/work. But I think it'd be fun to get out there with my dad again:awesomework:

Maybe he'll pipe into this thread....:corn:

i got a bear "code" its set at #72. ive been lookin for some place around issaquah for some deer hunting. mom wont let me on our property and friends dad wont let me either. anyone got any property:redneck:

I,ve been bow hunting for 16 years, 8 in Wa.. I shoot a Mathews SQ2 and love it. I mainly just hunt dear, because I get frustrate with all the people elk hunting on the east side.

havent been up since 2001 i think?

last year i hunted, i took a 5x5. a VERY big buck. actually made it into north american big game, and pope& young.

altho, ive been too lazy(at the time too poor) to have it registered, and recorded:pissed:

ive got a hoyt superslam fast flight, top of the line..in its day.
was actually talking to a cousin, about going out again. maybe this winter...

I have a 06 switch back. I hunt elk and deer theres one of the elk I shoot at 53 yards

Attachments

• P1010012[1].jpg
    P1010012[1].jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 178
that bull scored 347 in b and c the best part was eating it:awesomework:

Nice, I will have to see if i can get a pic of this elk my dad SHOULD have got, he called it in for another guy (being the most generous guy he is) the guy shot it in the leg and they followed it for over 5 miles and finally dropped it, but it was a 6x5 i think. nice big oregon bull.

And yes, eating them is the best part :awesomework: :cheer: :awesomework: :cheer:

yep been a bow hunter for about the last 8 years. gave up rifle hunting for the same reasons most of you have, too crowded!!! I hunt with my son and a good friend. hunt mainly elk and deer but buy the full meal deal anyway... shoot a mathews drenlin. i just love getting out in the woods and getting close to elk...

i just love getting out in the woods and getting close to elk...

That's really the biggest draw for me as well. Once in a while I question how serious a hunter I am (was) since I used to get bummed if I got anything on the first day or two of a week-long elk trip. Once you kill something, then it's like work... I could probably accomplish the same basic experience "camera hunting" but there's something inherently wussy about that so I'll stick to primitive weapons. :cool:

i think the worse thing I've ever done is pass up shooting a cow at about 5 yards, the whole herd walked right by me and they started heading towards my son, who still hasn't go an elk. so I let them pass hoping that they would go by him, of course that didn't happen... having them cow talk and your in the middle just gives me a hard-on:masturbanana[1]: Just got back from bear hunting in Alaska and it didn't do anything for me.

When hunting over on Manastash Ridge one year, my Dad and I had a herd walk right around us. Talk about get you're adrenaline pumpin!:masturbanana[1]:

*pages Chad* :popcorn:

6 elk in the past 8 years (3 bulls, 3 cows). Martin "Cheetah" bow. My longest shot has been 55 yards, shortest about 3 yards. Freezer is only half full, looking to fill it again Sept 8th. :cool:

I had a 6X7 walk right up to me two years ago (no bull tag). knocked my rubber tipped arrow and thought about hitting him in the shoulder, but he looked pretty gnarly so I decided to let him pass. :looser:

Hunting the Naneum or White Pass this year, depending upon the draw. No, I will not show you my secret spot. :fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited: