• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Braided brake line crimp tool

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So whats out there for making your own braided brake lines as in crimping the ends? I wanna get the tooling for making them but haven't found much.

All my braided hoses are from WOFSCO and have reusable ends.

Any rubber hoses they make for me are crimped.

Maybe its not supposed to be crimped? The shitty 4wp prodump braided hoses are crimped and they ALWAYS fall apart.

Use high quality teflon lined braided hose with the correct ferrule style steel AN fittings and you will have no problems.
-3 is the optimum size to use as a -4 gets too soft of a pedal feel.

Just use A/N style ends that are reusable.

A crimping machine is probably going to be pricy.

That's exactly what I carried in my trail box. My brake systems are set up with an -3 adapters and lines from speedwaymotors.com. I have an -3 and -4 reusable ends along with -6 for my old full hydro system.

One of our local hydraulic shops has the parts and collets to crimp brake lines. One of my buddies uses their lines and he says they're on par with speedways lines so they must be cheap. :D

if you realy want crimped end custom lines, olympic 4x4 will custom make them. ive used them for several projects.
they will do the coated braided ones (so they dont rub/saw thru stuff) or oem rubber type

Thanks for the info guys--had a chance to look back into this and the tooling is certainly pricey.

Where are you guys sourcing you -3 fittings?

Just use A/N style ends that are reusable.

A crimping machine is probably going to be pricy.

After a bunch of research and reading I have to agree. I did find a tool for around $500 but the ability to repair a line thats not crimped is a big bonus for sure. And you can do a **** load of hoses with reusable ends before you get close to the cost of a tool..

Reminds me of the days of running the POS pro-comp extended braided lines that would pop at the comp joint.

So I do have a question on the braided hose itself since I see a bunch of variables (got the ends figured out).

So for -3 an hose it shows for inner diameter .125 or .140 and outer .250 and .375

Any input would be appreciated.

Reminds me of the days of running the POS pro-comp extended braided lines that would pop at the comp joint.

I have seen so many of those "pop" off. :rolleyes:

I dont like braided SS hoses in an abusive application. They leak/split when bent/kinked, they dont like stretch etc.

I like RUBBER hoses for brakes. :awesomework:

I have SS lines on ALL my boat hoses, but my boat doesnt crash thru brush ad limbs/timber.

Summit is WAY easier to navigate thru there fittings...

Yes they are. But if you know what fittings you need searching by the size/type etc makes it easier. Just as with anything some of the fittings will be cheaper at summit and some at speedway. I've never had an issue with them from either. Speedway cheap lines are plastic with stainless braid but no plastic coating over it like russell, earls etc.

I have seen so many of those "pop" off. :rolleyes:

I dont like braided SS hoses in an abusive application. They leak/split when bent/kinked, they dont like stretch etc.

I like RUBBER hoses for brakes. :awesomework:

I have SS lines on ALL my boat hoses, but my boat doesnt crash thru brush ad limbs/timber.

It's nice that you run rubber on your wheelers but this thread isn't about what you run. Somehow people wheel every weekend for years and never have an issue. Oh that's right, they dont wheel as hard as you or as often so that's what makes you a special little flower. My bad. :flipoff: