• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Braided line WTF?

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
My fancy :bling: braided fuel line has rotted out from the inside, and pisses gas out everywhere in the middle of the line. Anyone else have this sort of problem, or did I just get a lemon hose? Line is only a few years old.

Problem with most braided lines out there is it's just standard line with braided wrap on it, and dirt gets stuck in the braiding from wheelin'... rubs thru the hose; that is, of course if your talkin' about a wheelin' rig---otherwise you likely got POS hose!!! :haha:

Its pretty common. Most racers change theirs out every year. The 2 year fail thing is pretty normal.

Run SS hard line with some kind of small rubber for flex at each end. Im going away from hose as much as I can.

Its pretty common. Most racers change theirs out every year. The 2 year fail thing is pretty normal.

Good thing stock rubber hoses still work when removed after 30 years of abuse to install garbage braided hoses that dont last long at all.

Good thing stock rubber hoses still work when removed after 30 years of abuse to install garbage braided hoses that dont last long at all.

Even rubber from 20 years ago doesn't compare to todays rubber. They have added more carbon to it and its longevity just isn't the same. One reason I run hardline where ever I can with rubber ends.