• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake caliper

tommy450r

Does any of y'all know of a caliper that's a little smaller than a 3/4 ton Chevy?? Maybe one like the 3/4 ton but a little smaller in the piston area.

I'm doing a 14 bolt front and these calipers is all I gotta figure out. I'm using Rockwell outers with the old overson 8 lug hubs and some rotors I machined out to fit the hubs and I just need about another 1/8 inch and the 3/4 ton calibers would work. Is wilwood my only option?

Grind the caliper? Those GM calipers have some unnecessary beef in that area for what we do.

Turn down rotor OD?

The very bottom of the caliper is hitting the rockwell knuckle. And only about half the pad is on the rotor. The knuckle tapers out and gets bigger towards the inside. I need a caliper that's either narrower or one that has a smaller piston area.

How wide is a toyota rotor? They look similar to what I need in the pics I've seen.

Try ford explorer calipers. I know they are an upgrade for the TJs because they are twin piston and flex less but still small.

You get me a measurement yet? Diameter and thickness!
1999-2001 2wd Tacoma Pre-runner has an 11.5" rotor slightly over 3/4" thick it is a floating caliper but is smaller piston diameter?

look at where the piston is in the caliper that's where my problem is I could use a bigger rotor but I'm running a 15 inch wheel and I'm not sure what the diameter of a stock Dana 60 rotor is but if they are bigger I could pick up a set of them and it would all work great I think.

Attachments

• _20160113_210404.JPG
    _20160113_210404.JPG
    649.2 KB · Views: 114
Once I get this figured out I will be ready to truss and 4 link this crazy front end lol

It's a passenger drop 14 bolt front I used all factory rockwell shafts. 2 stubs on the short side and stock long side shaft/ stub. I will have to run a 2" spacer on the passenger side give or take a 1/2. And it will be the same width as the 60 I pulled out.

Looks like a duramax rotor is 1/2 inch bigger I will go to my parts house tomorrow and see if the offset is the same if so it may fix my issue.

I will check out the LC caliper right quick.

Re: Re: Brake caliper

tommy450r said:
Once I get this figured out I will be ready to truss and 4 link this crazy front end lol

It's a passenger drop 14 bolt front I used all factory rockwell shafts. 2 stubs on the short side and stock long side shaft/ stub. I will have to run a 2" spacer on the passenger side give or take a 1/2. And it will be the same width as the 60 I pulled out.
Not too derail but are running a 16 spline diff or resplining the shafts?

tommy450r said:
I think if I could find a 13 inch rotor it would work. Do yall know of a good site to check rotor sizes??
I know that 1994-2004 Mustang Cobra/Bullit/Mach1 front rotors are 13". Parts stores stock these and generally around 30$ each last I looked.

Obviously they're only 5 lug but you don't seem to have a problem with "custom"

I found a rotor that is gonna work today with a 3/4 ton brake caliper. It's a 2014 chevy 1500 rear brake disk.. I'm not sure if I will be able to keep 15" wheels though I wanna upgrade to 17s and stickies anyway.. Only thing that will suck if I can't use my wheels is im not gonna make the hardline ride!!!

paradisepwoffrd said:
Not too derail but are running a 16 spline diff or resplining the shafts?

Yea I'm running all 16 spline stuff I'm gonna do chromoly shafts and if I have problems I will then upgrade to 40 or 47 spline stuff..