• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake fitting concern.

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
I got a kit and a bunch of fittings from Longacre racing. Im starting to get concerned about the fitting thats on the caliper...As ya can see in the pic it screws in and you aim the output where you want it. Then you tighten down a locknut, there is a o-ring there to "seal" but now im worried as im doing final mounting of brake line fittings. Should i trust this type of connector?

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=572&catid=18

Bunk,

I've had a handfull of those fittings that I use as axle vents. (got them from a GM dealer) I'd not trust them, excepting that the link shows them to be OEM for that application. Have you tightened them up and tried to bleed them? If they hold pressure, they hold pressure. Id just be scared to death of the o-ring failing and loosing pressure.
Can you switch to a banjo bolt and conventional brake lines instead of the AN and o-ring?

TreeClimber said:
Bunk,

I've had a handfull of those fittings that I use as axle vents. (got them from a GM dealer) I'd not trust them, excepting that the link shows them to be OEM for that application. Have you tightened them up and tried to bleed them? If they hold pressure, they hold pressure. Id just be scared to death of the o-ring failing and loosing pressure.
Can you switch to a banjo bolt and conventional brake lines instead of the AN and o-ring?

Its run thru my head too many times...Im going to Napa tomorrow for banjo's..No gonna risk the time and the 20 bucks lost is a lesson.

If you're going AN elsewhere, I would look into having a hose made, banjo to AN.

But really I think I'd steer clear of AN for the brakes altogether just because inverted flare is so damn standard and easier (or actually possible) to get parts for in, say, Naches on a Sunday :;