• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake issues...Help?

T-ravis

Ok guys picked up a samurai last week and love it but brakes dont engage until the pedals in the floor. Has Toyota front and rear with big v6 upgrade up front drum in back and pretty sure stock Sam booster and master cylinder. Any insight how I can get the brakes to working order ??? :dunno:

Don,t know what went wrong with youres :dunno:

but mine has Wagoneer Dana 44,s , stock 1/2 ton calipers/rotors in front, and the stock drum brakes out back.

and it still has the stock booster/master cylinder, and all the stock sami brake lines/metering blocks and all still in use, I just adapted the lines to fit at the calipers & rotors.

And it has been stoppin fine for bout 7 years like that.

I know that when I upgrade to rear discs I will have to put a 68 corvette master cylinder on the stock sami booster,"it will fit with only slight mods to the plunger & egged mount holes".

check to see what all is still left of the sami break setup :dunno:

Wait.....mine is an 87, with 2 seperate lines goin down to the rear axle, does yers have 1 or 2 :dunno:

this may cause a foul up Ive heard, ???,.............. what about how the hell somebody drove it before :wtflol:

???

have u tryed bleeding the brakes and checking the adjustment on the rear shoes and make sure u dont have a leaking wheel cylinder in rear