• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake job

Wickedyota97

My buggys brakes are applying themselves. I'm running a wilwood 3/4 master - no booster and factory GM calipers all the way around. I can drive the buggy a few minutes but then the brakes stick. It takes the engine pushing high rpms to get it to move. Yall had a similar issue? The rear calipers are only a few months old. I thought it was just the front but the rears are getting hot as hell too. Any ideas?

Re:

Yep I had the same thing, loosened up the rod and fixed it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wickedyota97 said:
My buggys brakes are applying themselves. I'm running a wilwood 3/4 master - no booster and factory GM calipers all the way around. I can drive the buggy a few minutes but then the brakes stick. It takes the engine pushing high rpms to get it to move. Yall had a similar issue? The rear calipers are only a few months old. I thought it was just the front but the rears are getting hot as hell too. Any ideas?
How do the brakes react with 3/4 bore?

Yep. I had same problem. Pulled in my driveway that day after test drive with rear suspension fully compressed , brakes smoking , and a fire extinguisher in hand. Man what a day. That was shitty. My rod was to long. As usual. :woot: