• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake line ?'s

Phantom 309

I'm getting ready to route the brake lines on an 87 Chev p/u that I'm working on. I went to a wilwood rear disc kit and a different rearend so they need to be redone. The rear axle housing has already been powder coated and forgot to put clamps on it to hold the hard line. I haven't been able to find any nice looking ones that I can bolt onto the housing (if anyone knows of any, let me know) so I'm thinking of running steel braided flex lines from the frame to the calipers on each side. I plan on tying into the existing line up in the frame rail with a tee block. Then from there run hard line across the rear crossmember to the opposite framerail (about 4') then into the flexline to the caliper. On the side with the tee block it would do the same thing but only go about 8" before turning to flexline. Is it a problem that these two runs are not equal lengths? Also, this truck is pretty tall so the braided lines are gonna need to be almost 36" long. Is this going to cause any brake "fade?" Anyone know who might sell or make ones that long?
One more question, I plan on using the stock master cylinder/booster/porportioning valve (for rear drums/front disc) and using an inline adjustable porp. valve on the rear mainline. Does it make a difference where in that line the valve goes? i.e. is it better to put it closer to the calipers of the front porp valve?
Thanks in advance for any info.

If you use true D O T brake line you should be fine little if any fade...proportion valve close to master... but easy to get at.