• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake load sensor removal

Toyoda1

I have a 91 Toy truck. I am wanting to remove the load adjuster for my brakes so I can have room for my new shock mounts. I never haul anything anyways. What do I need to do to do this properly?

research it on marlin crawler!
alot of people have mixed feelings about removing that thing,you might want to read a little about the effects,some goos info on marlin forum about. some guys end up just tying it out of way some lenghten lines and some remove it just depends

Paulie said:
your rear brakes are gonna blow without it

I removed mine and put a willwood paportioning valve in from smmut. I mounted it on the fire wall and went out and slammed on my brakes acouple of times and adjusted it till I liked it .:D

thats the best way to fix it, if you remove the stock one and just mate your brakeline to that hardline, the brakes will suck

I just cut the arm 1/2" from the valve and made up a little bracket that adjusts it up or down. I figured once I got it set I probably wouldn't have to **** with it too much.

Joe

Just attach the arm on the proportioning valve to a turnbuckle that is attached to the frame. Then you can adjust it until you get it to a place you like.

Keep in mind that the Brake Proportioning Valve or BPV is not just for when you are hauling loads, it also has some effect when the rig is pointed steeply up or down hill, although this might not be as noticeable as when you are hauling a near capacity load.

WATRD said:
Just attach the arm on the proportioning valve to a turnbuckle that is attached to the frame. Then you can adjust it until you get it to a place you like.

I used a small heim but same concept...I think AOR used to sell a bracket that did this.

mine was a leaking POS. all it let my brakes do was make dust, i essentially had no rear brakes.

being that my truck is a '79, it only has a inlet line and and outlet line. i unbolted it and pitched the piece of junk. i've got 3" downey springs on my truck, and the fronts come with these cheesy brake hardline relocators. the idea is that you bend the stock line down, drill a hole in the frame down lower than the stock hardline mount, and attach it to the frame with the included lag bolt. well, one of the proportioning valve bolts is right in a perfect spot, i took the brakeline mount and bolted it to the frame right where the inlet line comes into the valve. bolted my extended brake line right to that and hooked it up the the axle. piece of cake.

my braking and pedal feel has really improved, no wierd handling characteristics, and best of all, no more brake fluid leaking out :D

WATRD said:

x3, this is exactly what i did and it works great. Plus, its a very cheap and easy fix...