• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brakes

Re:

As a spectator, it was definitely one of those, "oh crap, this is the big one," moments. Glad you got stopped when you did! By the way, love the way your rig sounds. It reminds me of a late model dirt track car.

I was wondering wat happen.was pretty scary jus watching.i can imangine wat was going thru ur head.i had this happen to me once but it was on my teryx.we wer at brimstone going down a long hill an all a sudden they went away.luckly i had engine brake.i think they got hot an boiled fluid.after i got to bottom .let it cool down an got them back.need breaks on hills like that one

Needless to say I panicked and about **** myself, well maybe I did just a tad bit I couldn't tell if it was dirt or ****. I have found a couple problems with my brake system and fixing them now. Im going ahead a replacing the master cylinders and a couple of the lines hopefully that will get it taken care of.

That was a new motor in the buggy, Sam and I haven't gotten the tune just right on it yet. I didn't want to twist it to hard during the break in run so I was shifting it at 6500- 7000. We are pretty sure it is leaning out in higher Rpms and that's what caused it to die at the top of the hill when I stabbed the throttle real quick.

Just one of those things I will get it right and hopefully be hill killing next week at Harlan.

thanks for all you guys suggestions.

Damn you say your short shifting your big block at 7000 :eek: how much more will it go? If rode with you a few times at rocky top and Harlan and yours has always ran damn good. Keep it up its the **** to hear a big motor turned up :****:

Back when we were drag racing we have turned a bigblock 8500 .but they last longer 6000 to 7000.

replacing the master cylinders, found a line that looked to have a little leak, couldn't find a pinch or anything in it so replacing it anyways. Went to a smaller bore on the master cylinders to give a little more line pressure. I bent the rear housing when I hit that tree so been replacing it the past couple of days. I should be back up and running by Thursday so we will see if it fixed it.