• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brands of gears

snoball

Getting ready to buy a new gear set for buggy and curious if y'all have a preference. Yukon is what I've used in the past but ecgs is saying motive or nitro is just as strong. What y'all think?

If Chase is saying Nitro is just as strong then thats what I would go with. Chase knows what he is talking about.

My knowledge on this is nowhere near as much as most of the folks on here, but it seems that I have read more stuff about Nitro parts breaking and not so much Yukon. Not that there is a bunch of incidents that I've read on Nitro stuff failing, I have just unintentionally run across a few and not so much for Yukon....and don't know **** about Motive.

The gears are as good as the guy setting them up. If not set up right the top brands won't lost. Just make sure the set up is right and whatever should last long time if you don't drive like a wild man

Thanks y'all that's what I've always been told, just want try and make the rite decision the first time in this build. Picking it up Thursday from PJ!

79 ford 60 and 14 bolt. I have 5.38s in the front now, but bought a 4.3 atlas. So since I gotta build the 14 bolt, figure it's time to get a little more wheel speed and go 4.88.

i have ran nitro gears , and never had a problem and will be ordering nitros again tomorrow from ecgs in the 538 flavor for a 14 bolt.

snoball said:
79 ford 60 and 14 bolt. I have 5.38s in the front now, but bought a 4.3 atlas. So since I gotta build the 14 bolt, figure it's time to get a little more wheel speed and go 4.88.

What size tire? I run 3.8 atlas 4.88 gears and 39s and 1st gear is pretty much worthless

we sell and install yukon mostly they have gotten kinda pricey in the past couple years so we do a little motive gear hear latly and have had good luck with also so i'd say yukon or motive.

tommyswheelin said:
The gears are as good as the guy setting them up. If not set up right the top brands won't lost. Just make sure the set up is right and whatever should last long time if you don't drive like a wild man

What he said. I sell and install nitro and yukon and have had great luck with both. Would recommend either one.