• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broken engine block motor mount tab

JayH

So, I'm removing crap from around the panhard bar mount and when I take the motor mount off I discover that one of the two tabs for the mount cast with the block is broken off. hmmmmm

I've never worked with cast before - any suggestions?

brktab.jpg

JB weld it :flipoff:

I dont know man. One of my small tranny mount tabs is broken off my block. I'm kinda in the same boat.

there is a guy just outside Everett that can repair it. they call him Castiron Mike...to do the job right your engine will have to be torn down.. cast has to be heated, welded, heated agaion and then a controlled cool down. not like welding regular metal..

Last edited:
...to do the job right your engine will have to be torn down.. cast has to be heated, welded, heated agaion and then a controlled cool down. not like welding regular metal..

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not sure it's gonna be worth it to me to tear this thing down and then farm it out for a "small" repair like this and then put it all back together.

It's a '95 mopar 5.2 magnum engine and about 6 to 8 inches aft of this tab are three raised areas already tapped and I was thinking I could just fab a new mount and use these holes. Any thoughts on having the motor mounts offset from one another like this?

Thanks.

I can also just fab up a new mount for the rear bosses - the magnum blocks came with two sets of mount bosses. Either way, I'm looking at fabbing to the unibody frame rail and it'd be cheaper to do it only once and not need to spend $100 on the plate.

Thanks for the option though, I appreciate it. :awesomework: