• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build "Indecision"

pholmann said:
Think so? Due to flex or weight or both?
Flex if you roll or weight from bottoming chassis out like front off the ground and belly slamming down. Your welded on pieces are pretty far from the outer edge so it will have more area to try and flex the sides of the tank material.

I may bring a support to the under side to help with the weight. I still have fans to hang on it too. I will have good x supports for the chassis flex so hopefully that won't be an issue. I'm open to constructive criticism and better ideas. Thanks :dblthumb:

Pretty sure you've seen it before but here it is again. I ran a piece of tubing under the rad and welded a piece of 2" x .5" "C" channel to the top of the tube. It fits almost perfectly in the channel under the rad. My side supports basically control the front to back, side to side and upwards movement, the tube under takes all the weight plus will protect the rad if the driveshaft let's go. Of course it might all fall apart on the first time out so take it for what its worth.

Cam, cam plate and fuel pump showed up today. Still waiting on my head bolts. Did manage to get the fans mounted to the radiator today.

EFA4FF06-ABF0-48E3-972A-F5913F3DE43A_zps6qxk0kco.jpg

Worked a little this evening. Got the motor back in. Trans mount made started planning my firewall. Luckily they called work off tomorrow cause it may do......something so I'll have all ****in day to play. Hells ya!!! Also got tons of **** in the mail today including my tcase yokes.

D1B2A6D4-4F49-442E-BE86-EA1FEDC6FF4C_zpskl91hycd.jpg

BE428CB5-891C-40AB-B838-DB6E4B81B681_zpst4owdfai.jpg

64DFC5F9-6AAE-458B-B9C9-99306F0422C6_zps0ifgvsqr.jpg

C1374299-BBB8-451F-AD48-24A4D46A5059_zpsjih21hvt.jpg

its clean how you mounted that radiator i always weld almn angle to the tanks and and bolt to the chassis so it has more surface area on the tanks, yours looks alot cleaner but im skeptical as well, if yours works i may use that design in the future thumb.gif

Latest posts