• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy build price.

96cherokeexj

I had a guy call me yesterday and asked for a quote to build a buggy he said " i want a rock bouncer like timmie camerons on a budget of $25,000" that was his exacts words i told him there was no way to build a buggy that will take that abuse jumo 12ft in the air and land and drive away for $25k. so i told him i would give him a budget buggy price cause after telling him the cost of building a rock bouncer he changed his mind real quick. Here is a break down of the parts and prices (i know there is stuff missin havent got around to getting the rest priced yet):

Front & Rear link brackets $825.86 (ruffstuff)

Rod ends and DOM $1069.00 (ruffstuff)

Chassis shock mounts $34.00 (ballistic)

DOM for chassis $1500-$2000 (estimate)

Kirky racing aluminum seats $231.90 (For a pair) (summit)

RCI 5 point harnesses $139.76 (For a pair) (summit)

Transmission shifter $249.95 B&M magnum grip (summit)

Airshocks $1568.00 (profender)

full hydraulic steering $1853.50 (psc)

Dom for steering $65.60 (2x.250 wall) (ruffstuff)

Rod ends for steering $129.00 (ruffstuff)

Beadlocks $1000

44x19.50-15 pitbull rockers $2640.92

rockwells $1200.00 (estimate)

motor,trans $1000.00 (estimate)

Propane $1000 (got propane)

wiring kit $335.95 (painless performance)

nuts and bolts $500.00 (estimate)

msd ignition kit $457.00 (street fire kit)

radiator $170 (jegs)

fans $219.00 (dual fans) (jegs)

Total so far before labor $16689.44

I don't think its possible to "have" a "budget buggy" "built" . Budget rigs are usually built by the owner with second hand parts. Paying for labor would eat up 95% of any budget I could scrape together :****: And on the builders side, if you have a customer wanting a budget rig built chances are they aren't gonna be very excited about paying a fair price for the labor. Save yourself the headache and pass on this one.

Nuts said:
I don't think its possible to "have" a "budget buggy" "built" . Budget rigs are usually built by the owner with second hand parts. Paying for labor would eat up 95% of any budget I could scrape together :****: And on the builders side, if you have a customer wanting a budget rig built chances are they aren't gonna be very excited about paying a fair price for the labor. Save yourself the headache and pass on this one.

It looks like he backed outta building the buggy as of right now. i havent heard anythang back. i told him to just buy a complete rig and pull parts of it if he really wanted a buggy. Ill probably pass on it cause itll end up being 20k in parts then labor cost wouldnt be worth it. be puttin alot of hrs into a buggy build

Id build a badass POS for 25k :****: You aint keeping up with Timmie's folding money and you couldnt sniff his "worn after wheeling" skilled britches for it either ! laughing1

Just wait til TC decides to upgrade to other parts. Buy his chassis, links etc like the other ones and then he has a bonafied TC buggy.

Re: Re: Re: buggy build price.

ridered3 said:
Just wait til TC decides to upgrade to other parts. Buy his chassis, links etc like the other ones and then he has a bonafied TC buggy.
hahaha ill b sure and tell him that

P said:
Id build a badass POS for 25k :****: You aint keeping up with Timmie's folding money and you couldnt sniff his "worn after wheeling" skilled britches for it either ! laughing1
when he told me he wanted one like timmies for 25k I told him that's literally impossible there is no budget rock bouncer

Re: Re: buggy build price.

Ok, soo you now have an "4x4" irreparable offroad custumz shop???....wheres the pics of ur last buggy build?, how about pics if ur last build?, how about the pics of ur build now?*, do u have a Bender yet??, have u ever bent tube??, have u finished welding school?*, have u ever REALLY fab'd anything other the the ibeam bumpers u burnt together??, u are really confusing me, I thought u were askibg on how to set up leafs the other day, then wanted rocks, then back to tons, now sticking with 1/4 tons... Said u were thing about buildig a buggy for ur self the otherday then said, hell if links weren't so expensive ud do it, but since links are soo pricy to build ur sticking with leafs... Dude, u are out there and I dig it man,.. did the tax flow coming early??

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!

I asked what leafs mark used, I'm running 1 tons links front buyin a bender and bend tech pro 3d. I've built jeeps be4. I've never bent tube before but everyone has to start somewhere. If you want somethin in life you have to go after it and start it some how and this is what I want if ppl don't trust me yet fine I understand I'll build my exo for practice a couple bumpers for some friends. You can put me down all you want it'll just make me try harder. So thanks.

Not to put u down young buck, but if I read ur business card and add right,.. ur building anything and everything, exos, bumps, and all, dude, we all love this and I've been doing since before u could drive, but I can't build ****, and would never yet to build for others, .. I'm just getting at , if u cone off like u know what ur doing and someone does come to get somthing done, ur going to have one real pissed off customer... Do u have a business license?? An LLC??: got to be careful, I just think ur moving a little fast.. and not to even have the tools yet for the services ur offering .... And this is HL, there's no ***** footing around here, taking the hits is what's its about Cody

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!

Re: Re: Re: Re: buggy build price.

drich394 said:
Not to put u down young buck, but if I read ur business card and add right,.. ur building anything and everything, exos, bumps, and all, dude, we all love this and I've been doing since before u could drive, but I can't build ****, and would never yet to build for others, .. I'm just getting at , if u cone off like u know what ur doing and someone does come to get somthing done, ur going to have one real pissed off customer... Do u have a business license?? An LLC??: got to be careful, I just think ur moving a little fast.. and not to even have the tools yet for the services ur offering .... And this is HL, there's no ***** footing around here, taking the hits is what's its about Cody

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!
I understand what Ur sayin and thanks. I'm sure I can take it. Catch hell everyday at work. I'm working on gettin the bender welder etc. Thanks for the heads up tho man

6e9yja9u.jpg

hymajabu.jpg

puju7u5y.jpg

Not much but I built this hp full width Dana 44 welded ford 9 inch welded on 38s. 6.5 inch lift

muddinmetal said:

Nothin like a little Hardline cat fight to stir up a thread.

I'm all for wanting to learn new skills etc, just don't jump in too deep, too fast. If you do try to go the fab work way, sure to get licenses and pay a little $ to cover your ass.

ridered3 said:

I'm all for wanting to learn new skills etc, just don't jump in too deep, too fast. If you do try to go the fab work way, sure to get licenses and pay a little $ to cover your ass.
will do

ridered3 said:

agreed, I point exactly

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!