• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a website

race_jeep

How hard is it to make a website these days? Is there an app for that? I need a website for the brewery, nothing special just an about us section, maybe list and describe our core beers, what are my options?

tonybolton said:
Isn't it cheaper / easier just to set up a Facebook page?
I will google something or some place i am intrested in for a quick read. I dont have facepage. A little extra effort may get more results. Godaddy is pretty cheap and simple for the lowest package they offer

I hear a few advertisements for Square Space on podcasts I listen to. Supposed to be pretty simple to do I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BUG-E J said:
I will google something or some place i am intrested in for a quick read. I dont have facepage. A little extra effort may get more results. Godaddy is pretty cheap and simple for the lowest package they offer

That's what I do, and I've noticed smaller business's will just have a Facebook page and no actual website. I don't have Facebook either, but the page will still load up.

A few BBQ / restaurants I've really like have been like that. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter.... Free.

tonybolton said:
Isn't it cheaper / easier just to set up a Facebook page?

That's why I've not been in a hurry to make a website, because if I want to know about a place I look it up on Facebook, but not everybody has the Facebook, so I thought I'd try to throw together a quick cheap website myself.

But I'm no rocket surgeon so it may not be possible.

race_jeep said:
That's why I've not been in a hurry to make a website, because if I want to know about a place I look it up on Facebook, but not everybody has the Facebook, so I thought I'd try to throw together a quick cheap website myself.

But I'm no rocket surgeon so it may not be possible.
http://mashyermotorracing.com/
I bought this domain when all the tv talk started for a "just in case" scenario to cover my own ass. Its like 10 bucks a year and comes with a free online editor so you can build it yourself.

Rob (muchado) is back to throwing up cheap websites again. He is doing mine right now, and mine will be ecommerce. For a 3-5 pager it will be cheap and quick. There are cheaper ways to do it than godaddy, and buy the domain you want through google domains. Otherwise hit him up. text me to get his number if you don't have it

blacksheep10 said:
Rob (muchado) is back to throwing up cheap websites again. He is doing mine right now, and mine will be ecommerce. For a 3-5 pager it will be cheap and quick. There are cheaper ways to do it than godaddy, and buy the domain you want through google domains. Otherwise hit him up. text me to get his number if you don't have it

I heard that guy died after his tumor ruptured :dunno:

This is coming from someone that does not even have a Facebook, but now a days with the younger people, they can't even go take a **** without getting on social media, so It might be a good idea to spend a little bit of money there and let someone that knows what there doing to build your a cool web page and all that jazz, people from out of town look up stuff on there phones to find all the good spots to go and hang out.

Re: Re: Building a website

zukimaster said:
This is coming from someone that does not even have a Facebook, but now a days with the younger people, they can't even go take a **** without getting on social media, so It might be a good idea to spend a little bit of money there and let someone that knows what there doing to build your a cool web page and all that jazz, people from out of town look up stuff on there phones to find all the good spots to go and hang out.
I would put a simple page with pics, options, menu, location, hours, etc.

But I would have presence on social media for sure, plus Google, yelp, trip advisor, etc. As said, most people today are going to look for reviews, etc vs just a page. But there is info that isn't always on social media, but could be on your site.

100% create a facebook page no matter if you build a website or don't. And take the time to properly fill out your business hours, address, contact info, and a brief description. Throw a few pics on there, and if you have time, you can create upcoming events and such. Marketing 101, if it's free and reaches a shitload of people, use it.....

Even if you don't have a facebook profile, it still shows up in search results when searching via Google or whatever other search engine you prefer. I prefer Google, but you already knew that :flipoff1: So, anyone can search for your brewery, top result will be your facebook page, you still should be able to click the link and view the info, pics, and posts even though you aren't logged in....Guest view, if you will. It literally is like having a free, ultra-easy to manage website.

Regardless, 9/10 people that give a **** about wanting to give you regular business probably has a facebook profile. I'd bet you could create the best, most elaborate website ever and still wouldn't get 1/10 of the traffic that your facebook page would....and your facebook page would be free! And super simple to keep updated straight from your phone with new beer debuts, upcoming events, specials, happy hours, new business hours, and most of all - actively updating with pics to continually draw attention to your business. The more people hear/see of your place, the more it will cross people's minds when they are deciding what to do this Saturday night.

Good luck broski. thumb.gif