• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Built some recovery cables for a scaler(first attempt)

PHILLBILLY1

Whilst poking around at the local hardware supply store, I found some materials I thought would work great for some recovery cables/tow strap things for a crawler. The short one is 1ft. long and the longer one is about 4ft. long.

I made them out of 1/16" braided cable(very soft and flexible) copper couplers, and some shrink tubing for asthetics. The hook, I "machined" myself out of 1/4" steel. Enjoy:redneck:

recovery2.jpg

recovery1.jpg

recovery.jpg

You should try the guts of 550 cord to mimmick synthetic rope. You could probably even die it blue to mimmick a MP line

You should try the guts of 550 cord to mimmick synthetic rope. You could probably even die it blue to mimmick a MP line

I thought about using that "spider wire" fishing line for a synthetic rope, but I think you are onto something there:awesomework: Thanks! :redneck:

EDIT: This might sound dumb, but where might I find some of that 550 cord at? I found it online, but would like to buy it local ( a patience thing:redneck:)

Last edited:
Braided fishing line is the usual upgrade for winch line, I use 100lbs Tuf-line on mine.

Also, shoe laces make good tow straps in case anybody else is looking for ideas.