• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bummer... do you know?

skipnrocks

I am mating a th400 to a 6.0 I have read that there is some combo of motor that came with a spacer and a flex plate and another that came with no spacer. So I thought I will measure my motor I pulled distance to the flex placte and the same on the new motor only to find out that I bent my flex plate pulling the motor.

So I see my trans mounting surface on the motor to outside of the flywheel is 7/8in and it seems like my old motor is about an inch give or take an 1/8 depending on the the bent portion. So my two questions are does anyone know the stock distance on a non bent flywheel on a 350.

And if I mount my trans up and have to slide the torque converter out a little to hit the flywheel how much is too much? 1/4 inch?

I have seen the spacer but know its not always needed. I just wasnt sure on the tolerances. I know you typically have to slide the torque converter a little I just wasnt sure how much was ok. I couldnt see how thick the spacer was to see if it would work or not. I thought I remembered reading the 99-03 came factory spaced. The motor I am using is from an 03

The 6.0's came with two different flexplates. One was flat and the other was coned a bit. I have a LQ9 and it had the coned plate from the factory. I ordered the kit from Advance Adapters that was a new flexplate and spacer. Only to find out that it was the exact flexplate I already had!! However, I just got a LQ4 dropped off and it has a flat plate. If you have the coned plate you should be ok.

The 5.3 take a spacer to hold the front of the converter snout. The 6.0 doesn't need it. But you will have to slot the holes in the flex plate for for the torque converter bolts to line up. Or buy one to fit the 400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk