• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying a 4 seater side by side...which one?

Indy Will

Looking to pick up a new 4 seater side by side so the family can put around the races together. Utility or sport...doesn't really matter. It's not getting raced. A bed on it to carry race car stuff would be cool.

Which brand would you buy new?

I've never owned one or worked on one...

Ranger XP 800, best of both works, plenty of utitlity and just enough sporty to play with the family, no RZR though

Friend had a Kawi Mule 4x4, 4 seat (benches) and a small bed and a flimsy jeep like cab for the winter. Used it as his lake house and it got abused by his kids and us adults while :drinkers: It was slow as mole-asses...25mph tops I think.

He just replaced it with a Ranger 4x4 yesterday.

a693636a-2860-a610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroggF350 said:
Teryx 4, its built better than the ranger. Hopefully Kawi will come out with a sport sxs soon.

Explain better, I am curious on why you think that, Its still running a Brute Force motor, which is notorious for crank issues and a RZR 4 beat it out in UTV Offroad Magazine shootout, not trying to start an argument just curious on your thoughts :dblthumb:

Ranger all day unless you just like spending money on kawasaki parts! Had two friends one with a brute force the other with a 2 seater teryx get to buy a crank and rod for there junk and the teryx gets taken good care of. It looks like the 4 seat teryx was supposed to be sporty but they just half assed it imho

nateb83 said:
Explain better, I am curious on why you think that, Its still running a Brute Force motor, which is notorious for crank issues and a RZR 4 beat it out in UTV Offroad Magazine shootout, not trying to start an argument just curious on your thoughts :dblthumb:
Ive had 2 Teryxs an 800 RZR-S and a 900 XP RZR, The Polaris RZRs are better for sport riding, but the Kawi platform seems to be built alot better than the Polaris. The first Teryx I had really took a beating and never bent a-arms or frame, and never broke an axle with 29.5 Outlaws. I work on alot of these machines on the side and the Polaris Ranger seems to brake alot more than the Kawi.
The next Teryx I bought stayed in the Garage, but it was faster than my 800 RZR-S on the bottom end, then the RZR would pull away over 50mph. Ive also had 2 Brute Force ATVs, and as long as you dont get water in the engine, they hold up great. Kawi has changed alot about the 750 since 05 and the new motor has more power and is also more reliable. For the question the original poster asked, I feel like the Teryx 4 would fit best...
I wouldnt buy a Teryx right now because it doesnt fit my needs, but when my kids get a lil bigger then I will probably buy one.
Its mostly personal preference, ive had several atvs/utvs, from Yamaha, Can-Am, Kawisaki, and Polaris; the Teryx and Brute Force seem to be the toughest so far... The 800 RZR eats axles, and kills a-arms and frames, the XP900 kills axles, and rear suspension, the Rangers seem to bend frames easily, the Can-Ams are fast but not good for extreme trail riding and their trailing arm design SUCKS along with their 4x4 set up.

I would rather tool around slowly in my RZR4 than on the bench seat of a Mule or Ranger.

No storage, but comfortable and super fun for when you want to have some fun.