• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying used....

Draco

So my neighbor was over last night and asked about buying a used RZR....Whats your thoughts on high hours/mileage? Anything particular to look for on a used unit? (800 S)

I don't usually buy anything like this used...Never know the true history on it...Got burned a couple times in the past too. New isn't in his budget though.

Thanks! :drinkers:

I bought a Rhino with 1100 miles and it had just been rode around the neighborhood then my brother bought one with 3500 miles but looked like it came straight off the show room floor. As long as its been taken care of I would rock it out. Also has it been serviced regular.

I've looked at several used RZRs

With the track record of their "relibility" it's pretty evident if they've been abused or not.

With a RZR, you're better off to assume it was abused...

TBItoy said:
With a RZR, you're better off to assume it was abused...
This times twenty. People buy them to abuse them. It'll all come down to how well they maintained it.

I dont know about the people buying to abuse them part. We got one and I want to cry everytime a tree limb hits it lol. Too much money to beat to pieces

laughing1
Joc said:
I dont know about the people buying to abuse them part. We got one and I want to cry everytime a tree limb hits it lol. Too much money to beat to pieces

Then yours will be a good used one to buy in a couple years...

Most of the people I know that have RZRs buy them to raise hell in, and enjoy it enough that the $ isnt a factor and they fix what they break, but you might be getting one with a diff/trans/engine on its last leg ... or they are spoiled teenagers that raise hell in them, don't maintain them, don't fix broken things, and sell them when they are "used up"...

Joc said:

don't worry about the plastics, you can replace all of it for a couple hundred dollars. I don't beat on mine either but I do play hard in it. good maintenance goes a long way on these things

i have got two S my 2011 black one looks new and has 400 miles on it and try not to abuse it but bougnht them to ride
the 2009 s that is for sale had 1929 miles on it when i bought it now has 2100 miles on it [[[ good working mechanical]]]] but it has little ruff body parts on it but not bad //// all oil been changed good to go
when we go ride they want to ride the 2009 because there not scared of scratching it
so what i am saying if you are scared of ruffing one up and not riding it hard dont buy a new one
they are made to ride hard but not to abuse
so with that being said come get the 2009 i got and ride hard and not be scared lol lol

After that first day of trees and 3 rock rashed rims I was :puke:
The 2nd trip I had a blast raising hell but still tryin my hardest not to tear a fender or rocker off. Got some a arm guards and rocker guards now so the 3rd trip I wont be so uptight lol. Im sure by end of summer i wont care at all.

Mine has 1000 miles and has been rode to its potential. Others have only been country cruised. In KC, the cheapest one on CL ever ever is going to be an 08 standard with 1500 miles, and the cheapest ever is going to be $7500. WOW. Makes me feel good about selling mine on there. Few bushings and new plastic mine's a sweetheart with the S kit.
What are they bringing down there?
Miles put his 08 std that had been totaled twice on CL for 6K and got it in a matter of a day or 2.

blacksheep10 said:
Miles put his 08 std that had been totaled twice on CL for 6K and got it in a matter of a day or 2.
THIS! Miles RZR was Miles'd up, he got all 110% out of it all the time. And still off it went on CL quick without a hitch.

I'ma buy new, beat it like it stole my last beer and off it when the time is right. booyang

They're holding value here too. It's amazing to see what some are selling for. That's the reason for my question....I'm thinking: Yea, It's more money...But not enough to make up the difference in buying used from new. I think JR on here had the best deal I've seen.

Thanks for the comments ya'll!

The fact that Miles sold his RZR used with 1 miles for pretty good money re-assures me that buying new was the right choice for me.

I personally think if your buying used you want a 2010 late year rzr-s. They fixed the trans after March. 2010 which effected the 2009 and early 2010's. In 2011 they got rid of the back of the cage, reduced the size of the axles and changed the ecu to get better mpgs which also brought them a touch down on power by I believe 1-2 hp. I have over 2600 miles on my 2010 Rzr-S and it's been VERY good to me.

Kansas-Kid said:
I personally think if your buying used you want a 2010 late year rzr-s. They fixed the trans after March. 2010 which effected the 2009 and early 2010's. In 2011 they got rid of the back of the cage, reduced the size of the axles and changed the ecu to get better mpgs which also brought them a touch down on power by I believe 1-2 hp. I have over 2600 miles on my 2010 Rzr-S and it's been VERY good to me.
front diff is my argument against that. It can't be just the cage. The xp's aren't breaking that 11 front diff and I've blown the gears out of mine and ruined 2 7075 cages

I had to replace the cage in my front diff but luckily haven't had any diff problems. The only thing I have done was replace the sprague and a bearing in the driven clutch and thats been it so far.