• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to look for when buying a RZR?

Neal3000

my dad is looking to buy a rzr and i don't know crap about them except that they are fawking awesome and that the factory cage sucks balls. Can any of yall school us and/or give us some things to look for? and if you've got one for sale let me know about it :dblthumb:

thanks!

Definitely Jack it up and see how much slack is in everything! A arms wheel bearings ball joints tie rod ends! How much play is in the trans shifter ( how much slack the actual arm on the trans has does it go all the way in park and low)

Neal3000 said:
he's looking for a used one in $8k range i think

He isn't going to find much for 8k. Maybe an 08 or 09 RZR 800. Check ebay to see what they bring. You want an S or an XP.

I've got this for sale.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=26279

The 30 inch tires make it do well in bigger rocks. I've had an 800, S, XP, this S and now a 4 seater. This one is almost new.

zebrajeep said:
He isn't going to find much for 8k. Maybe an 08 or 09 RZR 800. Check ebay to see what they bring. You want an S or an xp

Whats the difference between the rzr 800 and an S?

Look around and you can find some deals. Snagged my beat up 800 for $4200.

As others have mentioned, hubs and cvs. Listen for clicking and binding.

Bout to be some $11,000 XP's with under 1000 miles.
We see where it goes from here. Seems there is a basement on price that they seldom go below. For 8 grand you can almost find a decent 11 S with lots of miles. If it were me, I'd pay what it took to get an 11 if it will ever get wheeled. Better diffs. 10's at least have bigger hubs so you don't break all the time.