• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling SMR4RUNNER

Todd1803

Hey Mike - I was wondering if you had any troubles installing the Aggressor steering on your NN? I bought a used set, and it had no instructions, but there seems to be a clearance issue on the link against the servo. It also seems like the servo horn comes REALLY close to hitting the motor.

When the steering is straight, does the servo horn point straight back, or is it offset to one side?

Thanks for any advice you might have,
Todd

get a hold of Keven at the Crawler store.

look in the vender section on RCC, I think he has a FAQ in there.

Todd1803 said:
Hey Mike - I was wondering if you had any troubles installing the Aggressor steering on your NN? I bought a used set, and it had no instructions, but there seems to be a clearance issue on the link against the servo. It also seems like the servo horn comes REALLY close to hitting the motor.

When the steering is straight, does the servo horn point straight back, or is it offset to one side?

Thanks for any advice you might have,
Todd

Oh chit! Sorry Todd.
Are you still having issues with the BTA steering?
I've answered your questions in the following order as above;

Link Hitting Servo
The link will hit the servo if you are still using your clod as a 2.2.
Reason. Your shocks are probably higher on the link which causes the link to be at a higher angle.
Since mine is set for 16.5 WB it isn't as bad.

Servo Horn or Servo Saver
Yes they will hit if you do not cut them down.
I had to cut both so that it would not hit the motor.

Servo Horn
I have the servo horn pointing as straight back as possible. This is after I set the steering trim with the wheels facing as straight as possible.
I did this to make sure I was as dead center on the servo so that I can get the best throw left/right. I did this due to the 40 series tires and weights killing the 645's.

Mike

Thanks for the repy Mike. I think I've got it close. I'm actually in the process of streching it out to super crawler size. It should be ready for the 12th.

I think I have the motor clearance under control, but the link is still causing some greif. I think my XXXT shocks might be a bit too long. It's close though.

Hey Mike are you running weight in your tires? If so, how much more are you using in the front than the rear?

Thanks!

Hey Todd.
I think Im running 6oz on each side. I was running 9oz but it was just too much for the servo.
Also. I was running 3oz on each side of the rear but I liked it setup without any weight in the back.

hope this helps. Can't wait to see your new setup.

Mike

I forgot about the wimpy servo issue. If I remember you are running 645's too. I better not dump 8 or 10 ounces into them and glue them down tight until I test it.