• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cam in 5.3

russelld

Ok i keep hearing run "GM HOT CAM" which is (LS6 cam) but that is for a 6.0..... I am wondering if this would be great for the smaller 5.3 or if its to much? Ready to order so need help asap... :****:

Ls cam

Hot cam and z06 cam are different cams... Actually there are 3 different factory z06 camshafts alone... Come on man! Do a little research... 02-04 z06 cams are an easy way to add 25-30 horsepower, but you will want to add compression and timing to make up the loss of bottom end torque, but they make up for it from 4k & up

jegs has them listed as the same cam.... searched hot cams and it also said LS6 under same cam.... thats what i was basing my info on

Turnkey Engine Supply has a cam, springs and tune that is awesome in the 5.3. It's basically what they use in their LS6 crate engine. I've had 2 and they run awesome for the money and ease if installation.

I had my 6.0 with gm hot cam dyno tuned and he was telling me the 5.3 doesn't like the hot cam at all. I bought the cam used and it was in a 5.3. Guy said he couldn't get used to it. Kinda figured the tuner was on to something.