• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Campfires at Evan's Creek

Catabeagle

I'm going up to camp/wheel next weekend the 17,18,19. Is the burn ban in affect yet? If so do they allow above ground contained fire pits? Any input is appreciated.:beer:

burning @ evans creek

As of right now NO. By, next weekend probobly not. Try calling the rangers. Hope this helps.:redneck: (LTj).:;

Evans already has fit pits by the way. They are metal, in the ground, and they stick up maybe 6-8", and they have a a little grill area to them.

I don't know if you knew this or not.

there is a burn ban NOW.
Is poke to the FS, and camp fires in proper rings / pits OK.

I called before i went up this past weekend to make sure.

So there is a burn ban now

Fires permitted in the provided rings

Awesome, thanks gents:awesomework:

I assume the campground is first come first serve? No reservation process like the little one at Elbe right?

no reservations are required. Its first come first serve.

If the camp ground is full, you can camp other places.

I like the spote below teh 120, its big and nobody comes down there. But no tables available.

You mean the first little parking area you come to where you take the road down to the 102?

If not that spot where do you mean? I'm fairly familiar with the area just never camped up there. Thanks for the input:awesomework:

Ya, that's an option, bringing a motorhome, so lot's of room would be nice, but we may try the campground first... thanks for the help bud!

I don't know if the road has been worked on, but the road from the entry parking lot to the campground was fairly rough last time I was through there.
I mean, it has been WAY worse in the past, I'm just letting you know there are/ were quite a few pot holes.

EDIT: I have never really taken a close look at that little camping area by the 102, but if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have real fire pits. I think it has rock pits that people have made, but no official ones like they have in the campground.

We camped at that spot a few weeks ago (the weekend of the last work party) and no it doesnt have a 'legal fire pit' but just a rock ring fire pit. Real nice spot though, lots of shade and no dust or noise. Id camp there again. And yeah the road from the entrance to the campground SUCKS for campers/motorhomes/trailers.

they have done road maintence.
it wasn't bad last weekend.

I fixed the fire pit down at that lower spot. (at my last discussion with one of the rangers, just make sure its a good pit and they don't have an issue)
and i cleaned up.. somebody left it a **** hole.

Best part about that spot is there is firewood EVERYWHERE.

also if you have kids, its a good spot so they can run around and be safe.

I was up there the day of the last wrk party also. The road from day use to camping sucked even in my yota!!! It's going to be a long slow trip in the RV, but I did see a few big rigs like it in the campground so I know I can make it.